New
Find
Notify
Tools

Restriction?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I owe a fella a favor and expressed intrest in some bourbon. Can I take it on the flight in our takeon or checked baggage?

Posts: 344 | Location: Elkin North Carolina USA | Registered: 12 March 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I think on international flights you can take it on board if it was bought in the duty free shops.

Or you can put in in your checked baggage.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67049 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LRH270
posted Hide Post
You can take it from duty free in your carry-on onto your next flight. If you have another flight after that and have to go through security, you're screwed. You cannot buy it in duty-free and then put it in your checked baggage, because, well, you have to check your baggage before you enter duty-free, which is in the "secure" zone.

Last year I carried-on two bottles of South African wine all the way to Dulles but couldn't take them on my connecting flight to Vegas.

Do not try to figure out the logic in this. It will only give you a headache.

Yes, you can pack booze in your checked baggage from any point at which you have access to your checked luggage.

RMEF Life Member
SCI
DRSS
Chapuis 9,3/9,3 + 20/20
Simson 12/12/9,3
Zoli 7x57R/12
Kreighoff .470/.470

We band of 9,3ers!

The Few. The Pissed. The Taxpayers.

Posts: 1579 | Location: Arizona and Nevada since 1979. | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
He would like a speial brand so I don't know if the duty free shop.

Posts: 344 | Location: Elkin North Carolina USA | Registered: 12 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Makers Mark Bourbon. I don't know nothing about liquor so I hope I can find it for him.

We will be leaving out of Dulles.

Where would I get the phone number for the duty free shop to see if they have?

one of us
posted Hide Post
WA

Makers Mark should be easy to find at the Dulles duty fee shop. It is a very common brand in the States.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12879 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What happened last time I bought some liquior at Dulles is that after purchase they held on to it and I was able to pick it up as I boarded the plane. So, make sure you have your flight info when purchasing so they know what gate to send it to.

Good Hunting,

Posts: 3143 | Location: Duluth, GA | Registered: 30 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you all!!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Buy it locally before you pack and pack it securely (wrapped in bubble wrap) in your checked luggage. The "Duty Free" shop will be expensive, and if you buy it there you will be wagging it in your hand luggage for the better part of two days, depending on your route. If you change planes in Europe, you'll likely go through a non-secure area, thus will loose your prior clearance for the bottle and will have to discard it (or drink it on the spot!)

Posts: 13239 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
has to go in checked baggage, not carry on due to the 3 oz rule

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would like to buy it for him before we leave than get it from the duty shop.