Find
Notify
Tools

Anybody in Dar mid-March?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted
I'll be in Dar es Salaam for a couple of days in the 13th to 16th of March period, staying at the Sea Cliff. Anybody in Dar during that period?

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It's raining, stinking hot, liquid humid and traffic worse than ever. No thank you! Cool

Nevertheless, hope you have a successful trip whatever the reason...... beer

"...Them, they were Giants!"
J.A. Hunter describing the early explorers and settlers of East Africa

hunting is not about the killing but about the chase of the hunt.... Ortega Y Gasset

Posts: 3034 | Location: Tanzania - The Land of Plenty | Registered: 19 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
That's why they call it "work"!

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
I'll be staying at a different hotel since the Sea Cliff only has executive suites available at 430 Euros per night.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wink,
where are you hunting and with who?

Posts: 52 | Location: TANZANIA | Registered: 16 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
This is a business trip, unfortunately. I will gladly drink alcoholic beverages with any hunter who happens to be in town outside of normal business hours, which I interpret pretty loosely depending on the circumstances.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry I'll miss you. Short-stopping this year in Arusha and will only hit Dar on the return trip on March 23 for a brief layover. Will probably never leave the plane, and certainly not the airport. Hope to catch you next time.

Posts: 10038 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bwanamich:
It's raining, stinking hot, liquid humid and traffic worse than ever. No thank you! Cool

Nevertheless, hope you have a successful trip whatever the reason...... beer

You're right about the heat and humidity, no rain today though. Good weather for a cold Kili however. Staying for the first time at the Coral Beach, very nice rooms and a nice little beach.

One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
Shook hands and had a beer with Alistair James yesterday at the Coral Beach Hotel. Anybody ever have him as a PH?

He has now opened a transport logistics company and apparently doesn't hunt much any more. One of my former colleagues is now his director of finance.