THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    A Hunter Is Fighting Qantas For Bad Service!

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Hunter Is Fighting Qantas For Bad Service!
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted
'I've told Qantas I'm more than prepared to fight this in court': Passenger sues airline over 'rude staff, slow drinks, cramped seats and flight delays'
Wayne Chisholm, 46, from Adelaide launched court action against Qantas
He is suing over flight delays, cramped seats and rude flight attendants
Mr Chisholm, who owns a gun shop, wants $10,000 in compensation

A man is suing Qantas for $10,000 over flight delays, cramped seats and rude flight attendants who took too long to serve him drinks.
Wayne Chisholm, 46, from Adelaide has launched court action against the airline in relation to four flights he took between August and December last year, the Adelaide Advertiser reports.
Mr Chisholm, who owns a gun shop, wants compensation for impolite service and having to deal with the passenger seat in front of him being fully reclined while flying from Johannesburg to Sydney.

'A mate and I had come back from a seven-day hunting safari and it was pretty full on from 5am to 10pm each day so we were pretty tired when we got on the flight,' he said.
'My mate and I would press the button for a drink and we would wait anywhere up to three-quarters of an hour before we'd get a beer or wine.'

In the Adelaide Magistrates Court, the 46-year-old also claimed he was entitled to damages because of delays on three domestic flights within two weeks that cost him business opportunities.
Mr Chisholm said Qantas initially offered him frequent flyer points.
'I refused the offer because I thought it was an insult,' he told Daily Mail Australia.
'I've told Qantas I'm more than prepared to fight this in court and go to trial.'

Mr Chisholm added that he was suing for just over $10,000 to recover the money he spent on flights, and for extras including accommodation costs he incurred as a result of flight delays.
In his statement of claim Mr Chisholm said he had been a long-time Qantas customer and had once thought it to be a good airline with friendly staff.
'I've always been a Qantas frequent flyer since 2004, but over the last 12 to 18 months Qantas's customer service has dropped way off,' he told Daily Mail Australia.
'If this is what your cost-cutting is going to produce in the future... I will cancel my silver membership and join Virgin, even if it means getting a sore arse from their uncomfortable seats,' he said in his statement of claim.
In Qantas' statement of defence the airline said Mr Chisholm was not entitled to compensation because flight times are not guaranteed.
A Qantas spokesman told Daily Mail Australia: 'We have a dedicated team to resolve any issues raised by our customers and are disappointed that legal action is underway.
'The case comes as we have achieved the highest ever customer scores for our domestic network, and continue our record performance for international services.'

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66954 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good luck with that.
He is wasting his time and effort.

Posts: 559 | Location: UK | Registered: 17 November 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by R.Jolly:
Good luck with that.
He is wasting his time and effort.

I know, but the publicity is not going to be very good for Qantas!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66954 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I know, but the publicity is not going to be very good for Qantas!

That's what I was thinking.
Bad press maybe good for celebrities but definitely not good for businesses.
He may not win, but I admire his resolve.

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Correct Saeed - it would seem that he is trying to make a point - 'stick it up' Qantas. Good on him, they need it.

A day spent in the bush is a day added to your life
Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - Facebook
Hunt Australia - TV

Posts: 4456 | Location: Australia | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Code4
posted Hide Post
Mr Chisholm needs to work harder and buy a first class seat if he expects to receive preferential treatment to everyone else.

Posts: 1432 | Location: Australia | Registered: 21 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i dont like Qantas they are a bloody ripoff ,coming back from Africa with exactly the same weight as i went over there with ,charged me $400.00 excess baggage ,half the time you dont get meals like other Airlines and apple and bottle of water ,pay extra for a better seat and get put next to a mega obese fat pig of a woman ,my rifle case was damaged and im positive it was done on purpose by one of their staff ,Rude Staff ? well thats just typical Australian yob ''service''

Posts: 625 | Location: Australia | Registered: 07 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
maybe the rude staff just wanted an American sized tip! stir

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13148 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A number of years ago, Jerry Jeff Walker did a song called, "Pissin' in the Wind."

Posts: 10011 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bren7X64
posted Hide Post
Earlier this year, I flew Sydney to Jhb on 1st Jan and back on the 12th with Qantas, and I thought they were brilliant.

I was being offered drinks, they'd fill my glass if they saw it was down to about a third - staff friendly, and so on.

Never flown Qantas domestic, though.

--
Promise me, when I die, don't let my wife sell my guns for what I told I her I paid for them.

Posts: 1048 | Location: Canberra, Australia | Registered: 03 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Matt Graham:
Correct Saeed - it would seem that he is trying to make a point - 'stick it up' Qantas. Good on him, they need it.

A bunch of gun dealers that I know came back from the Shot Show on QANTAS; that was not the real problem (service was not great)....they got treated like shit by the customs people as they were gun dealers on arrival in Sydney.

Posts: 15784 | Location: Australia and Saint Germain en Laye | Registered: 30 December 2013Reply With Quote