THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    Traveling with Rifle after Safari

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Traveling with Rifle after Safari
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a Safari scheduled for May 2023, I've worked with Africa Sky for my permits before and will again, but after my Safari, We will be flying from East London to Durbin, spend 3 days in the Durban area and then back to Johannesburg. Will I have to put my rifle in storage while in Durban or will I be able to take it to my Hotel or rental property?

Posts: 45 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 22 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
Your best bet is to ask whoever is hosting you. I’ve traveled in South Africa with guns while vacationing in Kruger and one of the APNR’s before doing a bit of hunting, but I made sure beforehand how to do it by asking those who were hosting me.

Posts: 3909 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I’ve done what you are planning a couple of times. Both times I hired one of the permit services to meet me at the airport on arrival from hunting and store my firearms at their location, then deliver them back to me at the airport prior to departing for home. Simple and didn’t have to worry about keeping up with the firearms while found touristy things.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2906 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What Karl said. It will give you piece of mind while on tour.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13015 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Africa Sky stored my two double rifles for a week in their walk-in safe while I was hunting the Eastern Cape in South Africa for the last of my tiny ten-a cape grysbok. I had stayed with them initially upon arrival in Joburg, and they had also done my meet and greet. I then returned to Joburg, stayed with them another night and flew on to Zimbabwe with my doubles. They will store them, but they will charge you a fee for doing so. It was perfect and it gave me great peace of mind while hunting cape grysbok in an area around Port Elizabeth and thereafter spending some days in the Karoo with my PH and his wife.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
After i finished my 21 day hunt in TZ, I left my rifles with my safari operator and toured Ngorongoro for a couple days. Returning to Arusha they met me for lunch, returned my rifles and provided a driver to KJO airport. The driver helped me carry and clear my guns onto the QA flight. Painless.

Posts: 872 | Location: S. E. Arizona | Registered: 01 February 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is it possible to store guns in one country, depart for say the Seychelles, and then return to pick up said guns before returning to the US. I’m guessing the answer is no but would be curious to hear if that’s been done before.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, done it a couple of times. I left rifles with Air2000 one time and RuflePermits another. Just have to include those extra days on your permit.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2906 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wesheltonj
posted Hide Post
I have stored my rifle at AfricaSky for a couple of weeks, left RSA and they delivered it to the airport upon my return to RSA. Other than the cost, it was easy. I believe that Riflepermits.com will do it too.

Posts: 773 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 13 April 2016Reply With Quote