New
Find
Notify
Tools

Namibia Air Lately ?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anybody done the USA to Frankfurt to Windhoek route lately, especially on Namibian air? Are there other airlines that travel that route? Thanks.

Posts: 2276 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 07 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
JGRaider, I flew that exact route down and back in Oct. w/ Air Namibia. All was fine w/ the flights, they left and arrived on time. The in-flight service was so/so but acceptable. Definitely was nice to have a break in Frankfurt between flights

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I agree with saying that the in-flight service Air Namibia offer is so/so..

It seems that some of the flight attendants dont exactely love white people and tend to be bordering on rude and not beeing very helpful..

This is very sad..

Posts: 3974 | Location: Vell, I yust dont know.. | Registered: 27 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, last November. Everything was fine, no complaints.

Posts: 701 | Location: Germany | Registered: 24 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
JG Raider,
You should check with one of the travel agents that book alot of flights to Namibia.There has been trouble with canceled flights with Air Namibia in the last 9 months.

Posts: 78 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 09 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am going to Namibia next year, non-stop from Atlanta to JNB then over night, the next mourning of to Windhoek. Seems a lot simpler.

One of Us
Picture of KMG Hunting Safaris
posted Hide Post
JG,
I would seriously look into flying Joburg then on to Windhoek.
Some of my European hunters have complained about the price from Frankfurt to Windhoek.
Also get the prices on the taxidermy and shipping sorted out before you go.
I have tend to one of my hunters now who is unhappy with the costs of taxidermy as compared to SA.
Just a heads up my friend. I know you will do the necessary homework.
Have a great trip!

Marius Goosen
KMG Hunting Safaris
Cell, Whats App, Signal + 27 82 8205387
E-mail: info@huntsafaris.co.za
Check us out on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kmghuntingsafaris
Instagram: @kmg_hunting_safaris

Posts: 1416 | Location: Eastern Cape | Registered: 27 October 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Labman
posted Hide Post
I hunted in Namibia last May. My outfitter, Karl Stumpfe, strongly suggested that I not use Air Namibia and fly SAA instead. He told me Air Namibia has become very unreliable and cancelled flights often. Flew JFK to Joberg, then on to Kasane in Botswana where I was picked up and driven to camp in Namibia. No overnight in Joberg and no SAPS crap.

Tom Z

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2329 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote