THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    Travel Guard's Medical Evacuation???

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Travel Guard's Medical Evacuation???
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I’m going to Zim in Sept with my dad and was looking for medical evacuation insurance. Global Rescue seems to be the most popular here on AR. So that’s my first choice. In my research I ran across Travel Guard. I wasn’t planning on travel insurance, but for about $50 more than I was planning for med evac with GR I can get Travel Guard’s Sportsman insurance package that includes trip insurance and medical evacuation.

Anyone know anything good or bad about Travel Guard’s medical evacuation coverage?

Posts: 317 | Location: Alabama | Registered: 06 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have used travel Guard, and as I recall, you have to pay up front to get evaced and then get reimbursed. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

GR, however, will just come and get you. They offer woderful support. I used them this time last year when I took a fall at the hotel and got a concussion out of it and they were very helpful with advice.

Evacuation was unnecessary, but I found them to be very responsive.

Posts: 11729 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
it would be a little hard to collect per payment from someone who has just been chewed or stomped by some of africas rude animals. I have never heard for per pay for evac.

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ddrhook:
it would be a little hard to collect per payment from someone who has just been chewed or stomped by some of africas rude animals. I have never heard for per pay for evac.

Just ask Don Causey. He shelled out 90k for the medical jet ride home after he fell from a machan in Cameroon. That's why he pushes Global Rescue these days.

I personally have Travel Guard med evac as secondary coverage to Med Jet and MARS. The travel guard package of coverages was attractive to me as it included trip delay and cancellation coverage, per diems, rifles and gear coverage, death benefits, etc. The cost of the coverage was far less than the cost to change tickets as a result of a cancelled flight, etc. I did not like TG as my only medical evac option mainly because TG did not have the reputation or market share of a Med Jet or Global Rescue.

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2988 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
ttt

Posts: 317 | Location: Alabama | Registered: 06 March 2004Reply With Quote