Find
Notify
Tools

Firearms with BA
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted
As many of you will know BA has in the past sometimes refused to carry certain calibres because of a degree of confusion/misunderstanding of the Air Navigation Order, Carriage of Dangerous Goods Act.

I've finally got BA to give me a definitive answer to the question of:

"Assuming the passenger gives the correct 72 hours notice of travelling with firearms of .308 and/or 30-06 calibre will BA accept these calibres for travel?"

Their definitive answer is:

"I have contacted our Security Team at our head office. They have advised in answer to your questions that the general answer is yes unless the customer is travelling to an embargoed destination.

This is why we have set a 72-hour minimum notification rule. As long as the travel agent or British Airways reservations team enter the correct comments with the make/model/calibre details then we can give an ok or refusal in plenty of time."

So in theory at least, if the passenger advises the airline in the correct time period etc, 308s & 30-06s should be OK to travel.

FYI, the Customer Service staff member who gave me this information is Sarah Craddock (based at LHR) and the case reference number was: 10398362.

We'll be adding this statement to our website at www.shakariconnection.com