Find
Notify
Tools

Meet and Greet options???
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of opus72
posted
I’ll flying ATL/JNB/HRE in a week. Do any of the companies offering "meet and greet" have any services that could be of assistance to someone connecting in JNB but not overnighting? I will be continuing on to HRE, but only have a 2 ½ hour layover. I’m already pushing it for time and if my flight from ATL runs late, its even more of a possibility that my luggage/rifles or myself won’t make the connection. I was curious if there is a service similar to what is offered for those completing their journey at JNB… meet the traveler as they get off the plane, get them to their connection, and then verify that their luggage has made the transfer as well?

Posts: 262 | Location: Mount Pleasant, SC | Registered: 02 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
and then verify that their luggage has made the transfer as well?

Good luck with that. But perhaps Afton Guest House could assist you.

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of opus72
posted Hide Post
Oz, I know... good luck indeed. Wishful thinking on my part.

Posts: 262 | Location: Mount Pleasant, SC | Registered: 02 February 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
opus72

Air 2000 does just what you describe. If you made your arrangement with Gracy Travel Bruce will assist you in ORT in whatever way works best for you. African Skys can also arrange for someone to meet you at the jetway and walk you through everything. All these servicesare not just for people laying over in JNB or hunting in RSA.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12869 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of opus72
posted Hide Post
Thank you Mark, I'll check into those options.

I also received an email from Annelise at Afton Guest House. She said that they aren't allowed into that part of the airport, but she can arrange for someone who has that access to meet me as I step off the plane and get me exactly where I need to be.

To me, as a 1st time Africa traveller, worth the $50 for a little extra piece of mind while struggling with jet lag and little time to spare between flights.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
opus: we've used Air 2000 with great success for 9 trips, they have access to the secured area and can meet you at the gate and walk you around the lines at passport control...they also can help you find "missing" bags as they did for us in 2009. Worth every penny, in my opinion.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2761 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would contact Henry at http://riflepermits.com ... I am sure he would do a meet & greet for you in-transit just as he would do with his regular service. Henry is a lawyer too I believe, so if anything runs amiss you will be in good hands.

I think his full permit and transit service is about $90 from memory.

A day spent in the bush is a day added to your life
Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - Facebook
Hunt Australia - TV

Posts: 4456 | Location: Australia | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of opus72
posted Hide Post
Thanks Matt. I emailed them earlier today. Just haven't heard back from them yet. Thanks for the suggestion.

one of us
posted Hide Post
opus72

We did the VIP meet at JNB offered through Henry at riflepermits just a couple of weeks back. And it was a good thing, because my Storm case that contained Ammo and clothes and such did not show up with the other bags. Luckly the nice young lady that met us went on the hunt for it, and I mean right now she was on it. It eventualy came out in the far left corner of the baggage area about 30 min. after everything else. This young lady was on those guys to find it. Well worth it to me.

Many Thanks

HBH

One of Us
Picture of opus72
posted Hide Post
I called Riflepermits this morning. They only offer their service to traveller's that need to go through SAPS at JNB.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Matt Graham:
I would contact Henry at http://riflepermits.com ... I am sure he would do a meet & greet for you in-transit just as he would do with his regular service. Henry is a lawyer too I believe, so if anything runs amiss you will be in good hands.

I think his full permit and transit service is about $90 from memory.

used a bunch of different one. Henry is the BEST in 13 trips!

NRA LIFE MEMBER
DU DIAMOND SPONSOR IN PERPETUITY
DALLAS SAFARI CLUB LIFE MEMBER
SCI FOUNDATION MEMBER

Posts: 1366 | Location: SPARTANBURG SOUTH CAROLINA | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Henry may be the best but looks like Annalise will go the extra mile.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Air 2000. Game, set, match. BTDT.

Posts: 807 | Location: East Texas | Registered: 03 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of opus72
posted Hide Post
Yep, Air2000 it is. Emailed them my info yesterday.

I'm all set to go... Just need Hurricane Irene to blow by and preferably leave my roof intact before my departure.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I contacted Herny after seeing Matt Graham's post. Henry suggested I contact vipops@bidair.co.za. Has anyone ever heard of these folks?

Posts: 555 | Location: the Mississippi Delta | Registered: 05 October 2003Reply With Quote