THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    Side Trip To France On The Way Home From Namibia

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Side Trip To France On The Way Home From Namibia
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Sometime in the next 2 years, I hope to go to Namibia on a plains game hunt. My wife would go with me as a non-hunter.
We were thinking, on our return to the U.S. we would fly to Paris; rent a car and tour France for a week.

Question:
Where can you store your firearm for a week in France and pick it up on your way home?

Thanks for any information.
MauserK98

Posts: 193 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 01 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SBP
posted Hide Post
My understanding from our travel agent (overnighting in France, January 2012)is you take it to your hotel or where ever you are staying. At least it's that way at this time. Who knows in two years....

Posts: 41 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 08 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hunted Cameroon this past March. My wife joined me for a week in Paris on the way to West Africa. I don't know what it is... but women just love Paris. I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. I had my rifle at our hotel. Just like in the US, just grabbed my duffle off the baggage conveyor. After being hassled in Senegal, Mongolia, Portugal and South Africa by officials and non officials, I only travel with a Take-down rifle now. Try to keep it low key. Kept it at our hotel the entire time. I would look into a hotel in Paris that might keep it in their baggage lock up, then retrieve it when you go to exit the country.We stayed a block from that big tower thing and a block from where some short important french guy is buried under tons of marble. The French national military Museum states that the US couldn't have won the WWII with out their help.