THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    May 30, 2010 SAA flight Jburg to IAD (Dulles) lost bags

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

May 30, 2010 SAA flight Jburg to IAD (Dulles) lost bags
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Just returned from hunting in Zim. Myself and several other hunters who were hunting in different areas in ZIM experienced lost bags upon arrival in Dulles. We all had flights originating in ZIM, going to Jburg, then on to Dulles. I saw my bag being loaded onto the plane in ZIM. But it didn't arrive at Dulles. Filed a lost bag claim when I got to Corpus Christi.

Has anyone else had this happen and what are the chances of getting my bag back?

Will file a hunt report if I ever get my bag back because all my notes were in there.

You guys that were on that flight: Have you heard anything?

Thanks,

Al

Posts: 267 | Location: Kingsville, Texas 78363 | Registered: 19 June 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill C
posted Hide Post
Hi Al, nothing yet but I'm going to give them a few more days to find Bertha, after all these years it would be shame to lose her and the goodies contained within. I suspect she made the plane in Bulawayo, but got hung up in Joburg. The other guy was a pastor from Tenn on the same plane as me. You probably have the paper that says to contact them after 5-days, if not email me and I'll send you a copy. Bill

Posts: 3153 | Location: PA | Registered: 02 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Alan & Bill

Email me your lost baggage claims

Call me

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9500 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill C
posted Hide Post
All I have is the baggage number, it looks like they (the agents from UA) were to provide a 10 character "File Reference Number" that could be used to track the case here: http://www.worldtracer.aero/filedsp/sa.htm

Without this, I have no idea where it stands, or if anybody is even looking for it. A good $1000-$1200, most of which wil need to be replaced.

I hope you an help us Kathi...pls call/email as soon as you have anything. Thanks, Bill

one of us
Picture of Bill C
posted Hide Post
Bertha came home! dancing

No pilferage either, pretty impressive.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That'll work!! Congratulations. It's really tough to be in limbo like that. I hope my baggage does as well in October over and back to RSA.

Posts: 807 | Location: East Texas | Registered: 03 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bag showed up at 10 pm last night. Nothing missing! Thank you to George at Continental Airlines, Kathi and Jamie at Adam Clements Safari Trackers for helping to get my bag back. Next time: Carry-on, Checked gun case, checked ammo case.

Posts: 267 | Location: Kingsville, Texas 78363 | Registered: 19 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Glade you got your stuff back!
On my way back I put the video tape and memoory cards in my shirtpocket. I figured insurance could pay for the rest but I wasn't getting those pics back ever...though I would have been none to happy about my Model 12 16ga. being missing:-(

Robert

If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people, under the pretense of taking care of them, they must become happy. Thomas Jefferson, 1802

Posts: 1207 | Location: Tomball or Rocksprings with Namibia on my mind! | Registered: 29 March 2008Reply With Quote