Find
Notify
Tools

4457 Help
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Oday450
posted
Am packing for an 8:30 departure to Zim tomorrow. I went into the gun safe and my 4457s were not in my passport. There is no way to get a replacement before departure.

What happens if I travel without it? I did find a Xeroxed copy - is this adequate?

Suggestions welcomed!

"Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult."

Posts: 1313 | Location: The People's Republic of Maryland, USA | Registered: 05 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
Your copy should be accepted by US Customs when you return. Some RSA SAPS folks can be difficult, but I don't see that you have much choice at this late date. Just act like it's a normal 4457.

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cut the copy the exact size as the original. I did and they never questioned it.

Posts: 834 | Location: Plover, Wi | Registered: 04 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I often use the copy with no problems in 8 trips

Posts: 920 | Location: Chico California | Registered: 02 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Oday450
posted Hide Post
Outstanding and thanks for the quick replies.

Th house is being remodeled and I don't have the foggiest idea of which stack of boxes to begin to search for the originals.

Off to Zim fr a two week leopard hunt. If all goes well I'll post photos when I get back. If no cat then maybe a tale of woe.

"Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult."

Posts: 1313 | Location: The People's Republic of Maryland, USA | Registered: 05 August 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Pa.Frank
posted Hide Post
get to the airport early and just go to customs and get another!

NRA Benefactor.

Life is tough... It's even tougher when you're stupid... John Wayne

Posts: 1964 | Location: The Three Lower Counties (Delaware USA) | Registered: 13 September 2001Reply With Quote