THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    Travel Agent for Hunts in Canada??

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Travel Agent for Hunts in Canada??
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Does anyone use travel agents for hunts in Canada?? How is the paperwork for temp firearm permit??

Quite a few years ago, I went on several trips to hunt waterfowl in Saskatchewan, but those trips were about 14 to 18 years ago. Back then, one of the guys in our group really knew the paperwork required to bring our shotguns into Canada. I don't remember there being much in the issues bringing our firearms into Canada, but that was quite a while back.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!!

Go Duke!!

Posts: 1289 | Location: Texas | Registered: 25 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You do not need one.
Be sure you do not have a DUI or any arrests as the Canadian Border Patrol will not let you enter.
The gun permit form is on the internet. Fill it out and take $25 when you get the customs.

Posts: 10253 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
The gun permit form is on the internet. Fill it out and take $25 when you get the customs.

Correct, but DO NOT sign this until you are at the customs / payment counter ( at least in BC ). I presume it's the same for other Canadian provinces.

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 2036 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 30.06king:
quote:

Correct, but DO NOT sign this until you are at the customs / payment counter ( at least in BC ). I presume it's the same for other Canadian provinces.

correct for all our provinces and territories.

Posts: 1766 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada. | Registered: 21 May 2006Reply With Quote