THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    Recommend place to overnight in Windhoek Namibia

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Recommend place to overnight in Windhoek Namibia
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Need to book on one night stay in Windhoek. Last year stayed at Pension Onganga. Was very nice, very fare price but was to far away from the central downtown shopping/tourist area – required a cab. We want to have dinner a Joe’s. Don’t want a high end hotel – looking for owner run B&B or pension.

Posts: 572 | Location: Somewhere between here and there. | Registered: 28 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jorge400
posted Hide Post
I've stayed at the Hotel Villa Verde, The Roof of Africa and the Safari Court Hotel. For the money, the Safari Court is the best deal in my opinion. It's a very nice hotel and only about $10-$20 a night more than what I paid at the other two. Very nice breakfast buffet and a regular shuttle that runs between the hotel and downtown. The Hotel Villa Verde is nice and comfortable. The Roof of Africa not so nice but not that bad either. If you have to have a B & B, my choice would be Hotel Villa Verde based on my experience.

"...Africa. I love it, and there is no reason for me to explore why. She affects some people that way, and those who feel as I do need no explanation." from The Last Safari

Posts: 839 | Location: Cumming, Georgia USA | Registered: 17 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Pension Palmquell had a nice LARGE room for my family. Close to downtown and a reasonable cab ride to Joe's.

Posts: 2921 | Location: Canada | Registered: 07 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tapper2
posted Hide Post
I have always stayed at the Kalahari Sands Hotel. It's in the middle of Windhoek so you can walk to most of the shopping, even Rosenthal's Guns. They have always been very accommidating without being over priced, IMO. Very nice rooms and staff.

We usually try to get to Windhoek at least two days, two nights, one full day actually before being picked up by our safari co. You have to eat at Joe's, the native arts area is wonderful. It's nice to get over jet lag before the safari and if the airline has a baggage problem it will most likely be taken care of by then.

JMHO....Tom

SCI lifer
NRA Patron
DRSS
DSC

Posts: 654 | Location: Denver, Iowa | Registered: 10 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nampom
posted Hide Post
The Hilltop House - www.thehilltophouse.com

Run by the owners with great views over Windhoek reasonably priced.

All the best
Roger

VIERANAS Bow & Hunting
Adventure Safaris Namibia
#TPH00157

Roger@vieranasbowhunt.com
www.vieranasbowhunt.com

http://www.facebook.com/Vieranas.Safaris.Namibia

"The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport" Saxton Pope

Posts: 240 | Location: Africa Namibia - Kamanjab | Registered: 10 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ended up booking with Hotel Pension Christoph - will post a review when we get back at the end of Aug 09.

Hotel Pension Christoph

Posts: 572 | Location: Somewhere between here and there. | Registered: 28 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Hill Top House is nice and have them run you to Joes Beer House for dinner, great place and nice evening atmosphere.

Posts: 156 | Location: Satsuma, Alabama | Registered: 11 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wish I could remember the B&B we stayed at when our flight from Frankfurt got turned back in July 07. The owner was an awesome guy and really enjoyed staying there.

Posts: 384 | Location: Tok, Alaska | Registered: 26 January 2005Reply With Quote