THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    Options when the airline loses your luggage??

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Options when the airline loses your luggage??
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
When we arrived in Dar, of course our luggage didnt, we had a charter out the next day, so when the bags came in I had to spend 1300US to simply charter the bags and guns in!!Anybody have any ideas or any solutions that have worked?

Posts: 185 | Location: northern Arkansas | Registered: 14 August 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of larrys01
posted Hide Post
I think I would have stayed in Dar an extra day to see if they showed up. I had that happen in Windhoek and my bag showed up the nest day.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 08 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
Kid:
I carry some underwear, meds, and toiletries, in my carryon to get me through a few days. I split may ammo and clothes between my bags so if one is missing I can get through. IF the gun case is late, I can still hunt and track with the camp rifle. Travel insurance will pay for purchases of clothing, etc.. I also keep copies of all paperwork in my bags with the originals on my person.
Cal

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, I had all that with me, but overnighting would still have cost me for the original charter, I guess my question would be, Do we have any recourse from the airline for the extra 1300 that I had to spend because of them?? kd

Posts: 185 | Location: northern Arkansas | Registered: 14 August 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kld:
I guess my question would be, Do we have any recourse from the airline for the extra 1300 that I had to spend because of them?? kd

Not a chance I'm afraid......

One of Us
Picture of larrys01
posted Hide Post
Did you take out a travel Guard policy or something similar? Some Credit Cards cover some of that type of problem?

Posts: 1525 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 08 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My cheap insurance for a potential problem of this nature was to spent two nights in Arusha before my hunt.
Was not needed, but quite enjoyable!

Jack Hood

DRSS

Posts: 253 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 19 January 2008Reply With Quote