THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    Is Delta Airlines Using Cheap Glass?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is Delta Airlines Using Cheap Glass?
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted

Posts: 67042 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Having had this happen to me, it does get interesting...especially when you are the one sitting directly
behind the window in question!
Having said that: that window is 3 panes of glass and 2 can shatter like that without any problem. Now if the third one shatters, I would imagine it would get a little noisy and drafty in there!

Posts: 610 | Location: NC | Registered: 17 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of A7Dave
posted Hide Post
It happens. Gets your attention right quick. ftg767 has it right.

Dave

Posts: 920 | Location: AKexpat | Registered: 27 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of kaizer
posted Hide Post
I would say this is an example of a Boeing problem more than the airline.

Posts: 92 | Location: Near Illinois-Wisconsin Border | Registered: 20 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of zimbabwe
posted Hide Post
Really probably not a Boeing problem but is surely cause for the transparency manufacturer to lose a little sleep. I worked many years for a company that made a good portion of the industries glass. The quality and manufacturing process are enormous. I can well remember the chicken gun they built to test some of them. It was a propane like cannon that shot plucked chickens from the market into the transparencies to test their impact resistance. This was big bucks and I remember this company bought a plastics company to experiment with stretched acrylic transparencies for fighter canopies. Very interesting field.

SCI Life Member
NRA Patron Life Member
DRSS

Posts: 2786 | Location: Green Valley,Az | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote