Find
Notify
Tools

Clearing thru Atlanta
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of H T
posted
Got back yesterday, from Jo'burg to Atlanta, then on to San Antonio. Process went very smoothly, and better than what I have seen at times in the past. From arrival to getting done with rechecking our bags was just over an hour.

Got our bags and guns, then went to the line for Customs to check our weapons and spray our hunting boots. Haven't seen the boot spray in a while, but they do that in Atlanta, apparently. In the same little room they check guns. They had four folks working the guns, two hunters and two tables at a time. MUCH better!

Then went to recheck guns and bags at the airline counter. There, we had to sign a new "guns unloaded" declaration form (surprise!) to provide to TSA. Went to the nearby Delta counter to get that little bright orange paper form. Since we already signed one in Jo'Burg the night before, you might ask why the new one? Because TSA said they needed one with today's date, not yesterday's. Roll Eyes

Posts: 730 | Location: Kerrville, TX | Registered: 24 May 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Sometimes I actually feel sorry for those officials.

A few years ago, we arrived in Dar, and had to have our rifles checked by both customs and the police.

The police act looked through the barrel to make sure the rifles was unloaded.

Turned out a few days earlier, a returning hunter was assuring the customs officer his rifle was unloaded, and pulled the trigger!

BABG!

A big hole in the ceiling from a 375 H&H round!

In all my life, never had an accidental discharge!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66931 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I returned Wednesday on the Delta 201 from Joburg, I believe the same flight as HT. I also had to go to the Delta desk to get the orange tag to fill out. I had air tags in all of my bags plus the Delta app which together helped keep track of our bags.

Just a side note the Premium Select seats are very comfortable and service was great

Posts: 1851 | Location: Prairieville,Louisiana, USA | Registered: 09 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My box of trophies from last October was on that same flight, glad you all made it home safe.

Posts: 1468 | Location: NC | Registered: 10 June 2002Reply With Quote