THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    US customs requirements for firearms

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

US customs requirements for firearms
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of 35whelenman
posted
I just checked the US Customs website and supposedly the CBP Form 4457 is still the required documentation for travelling with firearms. My concern is that the page was last updated November 2015.

I plan on going to Mozambique in September and right now, my understanding is all I need is the CBP Form 4457. Looking for confirmation that this is all I actually need.

Posts: 162 | Registered: 14 September 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes from our end. I don't know if Mozambique requires a rifle permit upon entry like Zimbabwe.

Your booking agent or experienced travel agent like Gracy would know if Moz requires additional paperwork.

Have a great trip.

Posts: 1129 | Location: Land of Lincoln | Registered: 15 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Check with any of the travel agents here on AR, like Kathi, Gracy, Steve Turner, etc, etc. Just one phone call away. Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Due to the gun permit fees for Moz, you may want to rent guns....

Posts: 10253 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
35whelenman,

You'll need a Moz gun permit that your safari operator should arrange for you. They are now a more reasonable $350. You'll also need a Moz visa ahead of time that should only be arranged through the Moz embassy. As far as the USA is concerned you only need you 4457 but if you are transiting RSA on the way to Moz and overnighting in RSA you'll need a SAPS permit also. All of this is easily arranged through a gun savvy travel agent as suggested and I highly recommend you take that route.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12909 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote