New
Find
Notify
Tools

Airline Ratings
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted

Posts: 66931 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
There are about a half a dozen organizations that do airline rankings.

When I worked for them (preCovid) Air New Zealand used to brag about being the No 1 rated airline in the world because one of the many airline ratings agencies listed them as that for two consecutive years.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12537 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana1
posted Hide Post
I am currently sitting in my Q Suite on Quatar returning home from JNB. Think I am spoiled forever. Finally an airline that has figured out how to leave on time. Excellent service in every area. Well worth the cost. I did not bring firearms, so can not comment to that. Great job Quatar and Gracey Travel!

Posts: 795 | Location: Vero Beach, Florida | Registered: 03 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Familiarity perhaps and ease of service from where I am to where I am going, but KLM has always been good to me. I've flown both coach and business class, but will never fly coach again.

Easy direct flight from Houston to Amsterdam, connect with flight to Arusha/Kilimanjaro and continuing on to Dar, you can get off wherever you like, so it doesn't matter where you are hunting in Tanzania. You can catch a charter out the next day.

It does arrive rather late at either destination.

Posts: 10003 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Sadly, Western airlines have declined.

The ones I have used, and liked, in the past are no longer offering the same standard of service.

Their staff seem to have a bit of an attitude too, and some are just downright unhelpful.

I avoid flying them any time I can.

Only once flew Canadian Airlines, from Toronto to Vancouver in Business.

This was a flight I had on BA First Class.

No comparison whatsoever.

Service was good on both, but the food was far superior on Canadian.

I was a bit disappointed with what was on offer on BA.

A single piece of photo copied paper, A5 size, with very limited choice.

A bit of a let down after getting used to Emirates First Class menu.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66931 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
Sadly, Western airlines have declined.

The ones I have used, and liked, in the past are no longer offering the same standard of service.

Their staff seem to have a bit of an attitude too, and some are just downright unhelpful.

I avoid flying them any time I can.

Only once flew Canadian Airlines, from Toronto to Vancouver in Business.

This was a flight I had on BA First Class.

No comparison whatsoever.

Service was good on both, but the food was far superior on Canadian.

I was a bit disappointed with what was on offer on BA.

A single piece of photo copied paper, A5 size, with very limited choice.

A bit of a let down after getting used to Emirates First Class menu.

All Canadian airlines have really went downhill since tha covid BS.lots of delays and the flight attendants are rude and angry.

Member NRA, NFA,CSSA,DSC,SCI,AFGA

Posts: 266 | Location: Alberta Canada | Registered: 10 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CharlesL
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bwana1:
I am currently sitting in my Q Suite on Quatar returning home from JNB. Think I am spoiled forever. Finally an airline that has figured out how to leave on time. Excellent service in every area. Well worth the cost. I did not bring firearms, so can not comment to that. Great job Quatar and Gracey Travel!

I thought the Qatar business in the Q Suite was better than most airlines first class, and the Al Mourjan Business Lounge was far better than anything I have seen from American Airlines.

DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 633 | Location: North Texas | Registered: 26 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Ditto…,

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13141 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
Ditto…,

Ditto X2

Posts: 795 | Location: Vero Beach, Florida | Registered: 03 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Here's the rating organization that often ranks Air New Zealand as the highest.

World’s best airline for 2023 named by AirlineRatings.com
Thu, June 29, 2023 at 5:34 AM EDT

Its economy lie-flat seating concept is making waves, and now Air New Zealand is officially the airline of the year, at least according to Australia-based aviation safety and product rating agency AirlineRatings.com.

AirlineRatings.com cites AirNZ’s intriguing SkyNest economy beds – set to launch in 2024 – as one of the key factors determining its number one spot.

“The airline is always innovating and not content to take off-the-shelf products and seats but go one better,” Geoffrey Thomas, AirlineRatings.com’s editor-in-chief, told CNN Travel, crediting Air New Zealand’s dedicated design studio and its output. “It’s this focus on the economy travelers’ wellbeing and comfort that impressed the judges.”

AirlineRatings.com also praised Air New Zealand’s operational safety, environmental leadership and staff motivation.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyl...named-180538000.html

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."

Posts: 12537 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
So Air NZ gets the top rating based on seating it will institute in 2024. Sounds a lot like Obama getting the Nobel Peace Prize a month into his presidency based on what he will accomplish during the next 47 months of his first term…. rotflmo flame

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13141 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
So Air NZ gets the top rating based on seating it will institute in 2024. Sounds a lot like Obama getting the Nobel Peace Prize a month into his presidency based on what he will accomplish during the next 47 months of his first term…. rotflmo flame

You beat me to it.

Sounds like campaigning time for politicians.

All promises they never deliver! clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Another thumbs up for Qatar BC Qsuites and Al Mourjan Business Lounge.

I'll be flying Qatar BC again to Zambia in late August. Unfortunately, I couldn't book Qatar for a Tanzania hunt in November so it's the old tried and true KLM BC for that trip. Sadly, the KLM price is the same as Qatar.

Posts: 1789 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yep, that's why I think that all the airline rating groups are trash. Each one has there own subjective criteria which can change at any time. We used to get told to mention the ratings win at every opportunity and it was even inserted into the recorded flight safety presentation.

Frank

One of Us
Picture of Cougarz
posted Hide Post
Somehow I get the feeling airline ratings are like car of the year awards. Neither are really that subjective.

Roger

*we band of 45-70ers*

Posts: 2796 | Location: Washington (wetside) | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote