THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    Thanks Steve Turner @ Travelwithguns!

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thanks Steve Turner @ Travelwithguns!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of BwanaCole
posted
I am with the US DoD in the UK and have been beating my head against a wall trying to figure how to bring my Weatherby .375H&H here (Yes, I have a UK firearms certificate and have a .375 on it!!)

After months of trying to find out if I had to actually export the gun and how to do it, Steve Turner found the US Fed Regulations that allow me to export the firearms for the duration of my orders without having to get a State Dept. DSP-83 and all the associated drama.

Steve, thanks a million!!!

H. Cole Stage III, FRGS
ISC(PJ), USN (Ret)

"You do not have a right to an opinion. An opinion should be the result of careful thought, not an excuse for it."

Harlan Ellison

" War is God's way to teach Americans geography." Ambrose Bierce

Posts: 378 | Registered: 28 September 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Certainly a less difficult problem, but Steve recently saved my son and I several hundred dollars on tickets to Arg via Chile, and did everything that could be expected of a top notch travel agent. His fees are reasonable and money well spent IMO. Highly recommended.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve Turner - Total Travel Solutions
posted Hide Post
Anytimne Harlan, you are more than welcome.

Steve Turner
Travel With Guns
210-858-9833
steve@travelwithguns.com

www.travelwithguns.com

Posts: 138 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jack D Bold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gatogordo:
... His fees are reasonable and money well spent IMO. Highly recommended.

+1

"You only gotta do one thing well to make it in this world" - J Joplin

Posts: 1129 | Registered: 10 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Steve Turner saved my bacon, when I missed my connect to KMJ, in Amsterdam and I was using a different travel agency at the time needless to say Travel with guns is all I will use now.

Posts: 1804 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Steve did an excellent job on my last safari this March. He even handled my PH's last minute request -- that I bring him some ammo in a different calibre that wasn't on my Amsterdam permit -- with grace and aplomb. I'll be calling him next year as well.

Posts: 10128 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Staley Keck
posted Hide Post
Steve also helped working out our cancelled Etosha trip trip this July due to medical reasons, he is the real deal in my book!
Thank you Steve!

Posts: 79 | Location: North Texas | Registered: 06 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
We have had to move my travel dates around on three different occasions. Steve and Susan have been very patient in working through the changes. I appreciate their help.

Mike

Posts: 21378 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
In my experience, Steve has always been easy to contact and quick to solve the travel SNAFUs I've encountered while in Africa.

Jack Hood

DRSS

Posts: 253 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 19 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No better Travel Agent, period!!

I wanted to extend my RSA Safari last year for 3 days. Imagine my shock when we called and he addresed us by our first name and immediately asked if everything was OK! He got on the phone with the airlines, changed the flights, and I was only charged a few hundred extra bucks by Delta.

That gave me time to shoot my eland and enjoy even more, my safari!!

I am going back to RSA in 2 years with friends and family. I will recommend to everyone to use Steve.

A big thanks again Steve, from Utah!!!

Posts: 2647 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Steve and Susan have been wonderful to my wife and I. They have arranged flawless trips to Cameroon 2, Tanzania and our packet just arrived from Steve for our trip to Victoria Falls starting September 2nd. Why would anyone use someone else?

One of Us
Picture of Bwana Nderobo
posted Hide Post
There is no better agent than Steve. He saved our bacon, and I'll use him again in a heartbeat.

Phil Massaro
President, Massaro Ballistic Laboratories, LLC
NRA Life Member
B&C Member
www.mblammo.com

Hunt Reports- Zambia 2011
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1481089261

"Two kinds of people in this world, those of us with loaded guns, and those of us who dig. You dig."

Posts: 441 | Location: New Baltimore, NY | Registered: 14 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I didnt mention Susans name on my last post but would like to add that I have worked with her for a long time and have had nothing but straight up great help with all mty travel arrangements she has handled.

Posts: 1804 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JCS271
posted Hide Post
Steve and Susan gave me service above and beyond what I expected. I will use them for all future travel and HAVE recommended them to several of my friends that are heading to africa soon.

"The difference between adventure and disaster is preparation."
"The problem with quoting info from the internet is that you can never be sure it is accurate" Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1626 | Location: Montana Territory | Registered: 27 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bcolyer
posted Hide Post
Steve and Susan are not only good for Africa travel. My daughter, grandaughter and son-in-law just got back from Australia. They had a great trip. Steve handled all those travel arrangements also.
p.s. When we had our snafu in Africa with our luggage not showing up, Steve was all over it!!

Posts: 503 | Location: Farmington, New Mexico | Registered: 05 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Steve has handled much of my travel from and to Africa, within Africa, to Tahiti, Bora Bora, etc. I would not trust anyone else and send all of my friends to him.

Way to go Steve.

Larry

York, SC

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Steve is the man. Helped Jane and I through a rough spot on our last trip. Started using him when he was with Gracy.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Great references - good to see a man earn his business.

Treat 'em right & they will come!

Rgds

Ian

Just taking my rifle for a walk!........

Posts: 1306 | Location: Devon, UK | Registered: 21 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My wife and I could not say enough good things about Steve and his ability to work thru many different screw ups with the airlines. No way would we use anyone else for African travel. Thanks Steve, it sure is nice to have someone that does what he says and is helpful with no BS/ kd

Posts: 185 | Location: northern Arkansas | Registered: 14 August 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Steve bailed our azz's out of a screw-up caused by eldest son's mesmorization of a pretty young Arab gal in the Dubai airport. Long story not worth detaling but Steve made it all work. Big time jumping threw hoops. Next trip is his without question.

Posts: 1575 | Location: Either far north Idaho or Hill Country Texas depending upon the weather | Registered: 26 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Steve bailed our azz's out of a screw-up caused by eldest son's mesmorization of a pretty young Arab gal in the Dubai airport.

That could be a thread all it's own......I for one would love to read it.

Posts: 41861 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Steve's made my life a lot easier as well. He does it quietly, but quite well. I can't recommend him more highly and I will never leave the country with firearms without his assistance.

Never knew handling problems with gals in the Dubai airport was in his repertoire, but it doesn't surprise me. Threw him some real curve balls this year and he handled them like an all star.

Posts: 10128 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Steve has done me a good job as well. tu2