THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    Red or Green line when entering SA via JNB?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Red or Green line when entering SA via JNB?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
After customs and baggage claim, should I exit via green or red line?

I'm bringing a bow (in rolling duffle) this time.

Would it be different for gun hunters since they've already dealt with the SAPS?

Thanks.

Posts: 42 | Location: The Glorious Democratic People's Republic of New Jersey | Registered: 04 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If I recall correctly, your bow will go to the SAPS office just like a rifle. On our last trip (last July) our rifles went directly to the SAPS office (along with several bow cases)so we went thru customs and then to SAPS...

Karl Evans

Posts: 2808 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My bow will be in the bottom of my primary piece of luggage, and not in a distinguishable "bow case" that will go to the SAPS office.

Should I walk the red or green path?

Posts: 42 | Location: The Glorious Democratic People's Republic of New Jersey | Registered: 04 August 2009Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
The Green Line - nothing to declare. This is also true if you are bringing in firearms as for customs purposes they are declared at the SAPS office.

Posts: 30 | Location: USA | Registered: 05 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Don't forget to sign for having seen the rifle/bow in the baggage area or it won't be delivered to the SAPS office.

Then you go through the green line even if you have ammo in your suitcase.

Regards

Posts: 1320 | Location: Washington, DC | Registered: 17 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tim Carney:
Don't forget to sign for having seen the rifle/bow in the baggage area or it won't be delivered to the SAPS office.

Then you go through the green line even if you have ammo in your suitcase.

Regards

Tim,

I think they stopped the practice of having to sign for your firearm in the baggage claim area. Last October I was looking all over the place to do so like I had to in 2007 but found no one. So, I just went on thru customs and on to the SAPS office and my rifle was there. I have also been told by others here that they stopped that practice. However, when going thru later in August of this year I am still going to look around before heading thru customs.

Good Hunting,

Posts: 3143 | Location: Duluth, GA | Registered: 30 September 2005Reply With Quote