New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ammo Prices in Windhock
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
What can I expect to pay for a box of 30.06 priemium ammo in Windhock? I will be borrowing a rifle so I need to buy some there.

Posts: 284 | Location: Hayden, Colorado | Registered: 06 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nampom
posted Hide Post
Elkfitter, hope you are well.
I bought a box of Norma's in 30.06, 180gr for N$325.00 about a month ago I would say anything in that price range max N$400.00 depending on what you buy.

Hope you have a good hunt.

All the best
Roger

VIERANAS Bow & Hunting
Adventure Safaris Namibia
#TPH00157

Roger@vieranasbowhunt.com
www.vieranasbowhunt.com

http://www.facebook.com/Vieranas.Safaris.Namibia

"The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport" Saxton Pope

Posts: 240 | Location: Africa Namibia - Kamanjab | Registered: 10 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nampon,

what is the exchange rate these days?

Rich
Buff Killer

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
$1N equals $.11 US. So $35-44 for the ammo. Darn close to what it is here.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nampom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
Nampon,

what is the exchange rate these days?

Rich
Buff Killer

Today's rate 1 USD = 8.8 Nam $

All the best
Roger

VIERANAS Bow & Hunting
Adventure Safaris Namibia
#TPH00157

Roger@vieranasbowhunt.com
www.vieranasbowhunt.com

http://www.facebook.com/Vieranas.Safaris.Namibia

"The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport" Saxton Pope

Posts: 240 | Location: Africa Namibia - Kamanjab | Registered: 10 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Elkfitter:
It's no worries to travel with ammo in your checked bags. Just declare it. You don't have to go through the police serial number check either. Buy the ammo here, get what you want, and be done with it!!
Have a good hunt! I'm right behind you in June.
Tom--

114-R10David

Posts: 1749 | Location: Prescott, Az | Registered: 30 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
TWL
How would I declare it? On the 4457 form? My travel agent told me without a rifle I could not take ammo.

Posts: 284 | Location: Hayden, Colorado | Registered: 06 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I stand corrected. Apparently it is no longer okay to travel to Africa with ammo, unless you also have a rifle along to match the ammo. My error! Sorted it out with Elkfitter on the phone. Sorry if I confused anyone.

114-R10David

Posts: 1749 | Location: Prescott, Az | Registered: 30 January 2007Reply With Quote