THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    PHL to JNB to Moz September 17-30th

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

PHL to JNB to Moz September 17-30th
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Headed to Mozambique to hunt Buffalo and Sable with Mark Haldane in Coutada 11. Depart PHL on 17 September to JNB with overnight at Africa Sky Guest House and then to Moz on the 19th. Return on September 30

"Diligentia - Vis - Celeritas"
NRA Benefactor Member
Member DRSS

Posts: 1026 | Location: Southeastern PA, USA | Registered: 14 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You will have a great time with the Haldane's in Coutada 11. Have a great hunt!

Posts: 344 | Location: Reno, Nevada | Registered: 05 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Out of Philly do you connect through Dulles or JFK?

Posts: 105 | Location: Philadelphia, PA | Registered: 09 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
PHL to Doha Qatar with 1 hr. layover then to JNB. Same for the return. I opted to take the PHL flight for convenience and the rate was actually better than flying out of JFK but the downside is an overnight in JNB. I don't mind the overnight in JNB despite the extra cost and hassle of SAPS520 as it allows me to adjust time zones and the wife to do some shopping.

Thanks
Paul

NRA Benefactor Member
Member DRSS

Posts: 1026 | Location: Southeastern PA, USA | Registered: 14 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Your in for a great safari with Mark in coutada 11.

Posts: 1792 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Labman
posted Hide Post
Paul - Since were almost neighbors, let us know how that flight to Doha works. 1 hour is a tight time frame for connections, especially if you're flying with guns. Were you able to check your luggage/guns all the way through from Philly to Joberg? This might be a viable alternative to SAA out of JFK/Dulles for folks in our area.

Tom Z

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2302 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Tom, sorry for the delayed reply, lots of preps going on. Steve Turner made our reservations so I trust his experience. As I understand the layover it may not even involve a change of planes. Yes we are checked luggage all the way to JNB. I have read and heard great reviews of Qatar Airlines. I will report back on our experience after the trip.

NRA Benefactor Member
Member DRSS