THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    excess bagage from Jo'Burg to Bulawayo $?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

excess bagage from Jo'Burg to Bulawayo $?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted
Has any one been stung for excess baggage from Jo'Burg to Bulawayo?
I'm sure there's been a few..
I would like to know how much per Kg they charge you?

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
They all seem to get stricter every day on this and it's a real pain in the arse..... but I'm sure you don't need me to tell you that! Wink

You can check it out here:

http://www.shakariconnection.c...gage-allowances.html

one of us
Picture of Jorge400
posted Hide Post
They tried to sting me in November on my way to Vic Falls. I tried to argue with the gents at the scale in line that I was allowed two bags at 20 Kg but they stuck to their guns. I then said I would just carry on the second bag and figured I would take up my argument with the ticket agent. Despite what I thought I read on the SAA site, he said they only allow 20 Kg total. I was pleasant but persisted and he went ahead and checked it at no cost.

I expect I will have to pay next time.

"...Africa. I love it, and there is no reason for me to explore why. She affects some people that way, and those who feel as I do need no explanation." from The Last Safari

Posts: 839 | Location: Cumming, Georgia USA | Registered: 17 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
I just printed out the SAA regulations:

Economy Class:

2 pieces with 23 kg (50lb) each and maximum dimensions of 158 cm (62 inches) each;

Maximum Baggage Weight per Piece for the Passenger (Weight and Piece Concept): Please note, that more than 32kg (70lb) per piece is not accepted as excess baggage. If exceeding 32kg (70lb) where required, the piece of baggage must be checked as air cargo at specified cargo rates. Total excess baggage of more than 100 kg (218lb) per passenger and per flight must be requested at time of creating the reservation and or prior to departure (approx. 24 hrs)

Whatever that means?

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7545 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys,
I thought it was 23kgs total checked baggage.
Will be heading over with quite a load this season but am lucky that I'm allowed 30kgs from Sydney to Joburg.

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
Just went through SAA Baggage allowances and found that FIREARMS ARE INCLUDED AS SPORTING GOODS AND WILL PROVIDE YOU AN ADD 20KGS.