THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    Emirates Airlines and touring in Dubai

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Emirates Airlines and touring in Dubai
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Gentlemen: My wife and I will be traveling to SA and Namibia this coming November for a wedding and the PHASA and NAPHA annual meetings (unfortunately, little or no hunting) and we would like to fly Emirates thru Dubai and on the way home spend a day or two seeing the sights (of which it appears there are many). I have read many of the post on AR regarding such an adventure but still have a few questions. If some that have done this route would be so kind as to reply with ideas or experiences, I would be most appreciative. My questions are are as follows:
For those that flew economy, how does it compare to Delta or SAA as far as comfort?
I don't find a "premium economy" on Emirates; do they not need such a class?
Is two days enough time to see many of the sights in Dubai (I like the idea of a sea plane tour and I would want to see some of the fantastic buildings)?
Are Emirates flights as nice as they appear to be?
Thanks for any and all replies.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2746 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
On another thread I posted on my Dubai lay over It was great ,2 days should be enough I spent 24 hours there and was able to do a private tour and a helicopter tour . Susan at travel with guns arranged the details . There is no comparison between the economy class of Emirates and SAA and Delta Emirates is is much better comfort service flight attendants age of equipment exec. In loo of the seaplane tour you might look into the Helicopter ride 25 min is about $320. Be sure to have your guns checked through to your final destination. PS I attended the DSC convention for the first time last Jan loved it you guys do a great job

Posts: 920 | Location: Chico California | Registered: 02 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shotgun46:
On another thread I posted on my Dubai lay over It was great ,2 days should be enough I spent 24 hours there and was able to do a private tour and a helicopter tour . Susan at travel with guns arranged the details . There is no comparison between the economy class of Emirates and SAA and Delta Emirates is is much better comfort service flight attendants age of equipment exec. In loo of the seaplane tour you might look into the Helicopter ride 25 min is about $320. Be sure to have your guns checked through to your final destination. PS I attended the DSC convention for the first time last Jan loved it you guys do a great job

This is exactly the type info I am looking for, thanks. No guns this time...business (sort of). I especially like the comment about the differences between the airlines economy class service.
I am glad you attended our convention this past January and I really hope you will consider returning next January, it is going to be a bit bigger (but we've reached the limit) and hopefully a better show.
Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2746 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MikeBurke
posted Hide Post
Emirates will not fly trophies.

Delta has supported hunters by continuing to fly trophies.

Yet the President of DSC plans to fly Emirates?

So much for supporting those who support us.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
If we boycott all the companies and individuals who do not support hunting in one way or another, we will have no one to do business with.

I have had occasions where American companies refuse to deal with me because I am in the UAE??

Do I boycott all Americans??

We should not loose touch with reality.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66946 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Flying coach I would fly delta over emirates anyday.

Emirates is 10 across - delta is 9 across. Emirates food and entertainment is much better.

But I am 6-2 and 210 pounds w/ wide shoulders - my shoulders are wider than emirates seat is. All the on demand moves cannot make up for me being hunched in my seat.

Fully support boycotting emirates (anti hunting peta airlines) and flying delta - but I am delta shareholder and biased Cool

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Emirates' decision will certainly cause me to rethink my future travel plans. Boycotts are a time-honored approach for sending a message as our opponents well know and practice. The planes all fly to the same place ultimately. If one airline chooses to turn a blind eye on hunters, seems to me they deserve to be sent a message.

Mike

Posts: 21212 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
Emirates' decision will certainly cause me to rethink my future travel plans. Boycotts are a time-honored approach for sending a message as our opponents well know and practice. The planes all fly to the same place ultimately. If one airline chooses to turn a blind eye on hunters, seems to me they deserve to be sent a message.

Yep!

Posts: 41773 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeBurke:
Emirates will not fly trophies.

Delta has supported hunters by continuing to fly trophies.

Yet the President of DSC plans to fly Emirates?

So much for supporting those who support us.

Mike:
Yes, I will probably fly Emirates on this non-hunting trip because my wife wants to see Dubai, as do I.
We normally fly Delta to Joburg, and we normally fly for free due to our Medallion status, last two trips we flew business class. These are non-revenue seats and I suppose one could say it costs Delta money to fly us to South Africa.
As I type this I have a shipment of trophies in Atlanta awaiting USDA clearance, shipped on Delta Air Cargo. I always specify that my trophies be shipped Delta if possible, partly because Delta is easier to deal with if you self clear trophies. So, I guess I really do support those that support us.

On April 22nd you posted in this very forum that you had booked premium economy seats to South Africa on Air France.
I guess that you have canceled these tickets and repurchased on Delta since Air France will not ship hunting trophies and Delta will? I verified their prohibition on shipping hunting trophies about an hour ago thru their Houston, Tx office.
Plus, if you fly into Joburg and hunt (no matter who you are or who you boycott), unless you charter a plane, are picked up by your outfitter, borrow a rifle,or walk...you will be flying with a company that won't carry your firearm or ship your hunting trophies.
This is a fact of life right now, the refusal to ship problem is being worked on in SA, but I don't think a quick resolution is in the offing.
Thanks for your comments.

See post below.

MikeBurke
one of us

posted 22 April 2015 16:25
I am trying something different this year.

At 6'-3" I am too tall for coach and refuse to pay business class.

Air France offers Premium Economy. It is a separate cabin, larger seats, and some other perks. For me well worth the money. The cost was nominally more than Delta Economy Comfort and I do not overnight in Jo'berg. Factoring that savings it is about even.

I do not leave until July but am anxious to see what it will be like.

There is a long layover in Paris during the day, but there are worse things in life.

http://www.airfrance.us/US/en/...m_economy_a_bord.htm

Karl Evans

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
it's fuunny how hypocritical soome peoople can be.......

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13147 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No way in hades Emirates gets any of my money.

Posts: 2276 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 07 December 2011Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Boycott might work if we had any weight behind it.

Sadly, the biggest organization we have who is supposed to protect our interest has lost directions years ago.

Not even its own members listen to it any more.

This is beginning to remind me of the "freedom fries" episode!

Posts: 66946 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Not even an "E" for effort on that one Saeed. To try and shift the focus to SCI for Emirates being screwed up is just disingenuous.

Mike

Posts: 21212 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MikeBurke
posted Hide Post
Yes I booked Air France with the first leg being with Delta. This was prior to any of the recent embargoes.

Non-refundable ticket other wise it will be Delta from now on if possible.

Not being the President of DSC going on what appears to be DSC business probably matters a little also.

One of Us
Picture of MikeBurke
posted Hide Post
Saeed,

I guess some companies get passes and others do not.

quote:
I have copied Steve's letter to my account executive at Barclays.

He said he has no idea why this is happening, and will try find out and let me know.

His first question was "have you got a hunting company that got refused an account?"

I told him, no I do not have a hunting company. And I would not wish to continue to do business with a bank that has such a negative attitude towards hunting.

I will let you know what I hear.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yes I booked Air France with the first leg being with Delta. This was prior to any of the recent embargoes.

Non-refundable ticket other wise it will be Delta from now on if possible.

Not being the President of DSC going on what appears to be DSC business probably matters a little also.

Thanks for the clarification. Safe travels and I hope your hunting trip is a success.

Karl Evans

One of Us
Picture of MikeBurke
posted Hide Post
Karl,

Thank you for the well wishes and good luck on your trip. I understand several organizations are working to rescind the SAA ban. Hopefully you/DSC along with the African hunting organizations can do some good on this issue.

You are correct there is no practical way of getting around flying SAA to get to most Southern African countries.

I fear our way of life is coming to an end. I will, when possible, support companies, organizations, and people that support my way of life.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Saeed,

quote:

He said he has no idea why this is happening, and will try find out and let me know.

His first question was "have you got a hunting company that got refused an account?"

I told him, no I do not have a hunting company. And I would not wish to continue to do business with a bank that has such a negative attitude towards hunting.

Me not dealing with Barclays has not affected them one little bit.

You boycotting Emirates is not going to affect them one little bit either.

Are you going to boycott SAA now??

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It may not affect them one little bit, but it does do something for me.

Posts: 2276 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 07 December 2011Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JGRaider:

Exactly!

It gives us that "feel good" impression of ourselves.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:
Originally posted by JGRaider:

Exactly!

It gives us that "feel good" impression of ourselves.

Something wrong with that? I don't do business with lots of companies for personal reasons....makes me feel good about that as well.

One of Us
Picture of MikeBurke
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:
Saeed,

quote:

Me not dealing with Barclays has not affected them one little bit.

You boycotting Emirates is not going to affect them one little bit either.

Are you going to boycott SAA now??

I do not believe I used the word boycott anywhere in this thread. There is hardly a company around that does not have some policy that goes against my beliefs.

My original post was about supporting those who support us (when we have a choice at times we do not) especially one that actually put it in writing. And as a note that does not give them a pass for piss poor service.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Seems most companies these days fold their cards at the least amount of pressure or fear of Bad PR. Delta showed some old fashion Capitalist balls. They should be rewarded for their stance, supported by the hunting community and we should let them know how we appreciate them doing the right thing!

Posts: 259 | Location: Marietta, Georgia | Registered: 04 July 2012Reply With Quote