New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mozambique visa?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Last year I simply paid approximately $21 cash upon arrival at Maputo for my Mozambique visa.
Is this still the situation?
Thanks, I don't want to arrive without sufficient paperwork.
Two items: I am Canadian and carrying a bow, rather than a firearm.
Dave

Posts: 227 | Location: Calgary, Canada | Registered: 06 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I simply paid at the border last Sept. We drove in from Zim and didn't bring any weapons with us. I used the camp .375 so can't help you with the bow question. Your outfitter/agent should have all that info at their finger tips.

Dean

...I say that hunters go into Paradise when they die, and live in this world more joyfully than any other men.
-Edward, Duke of York

Posts: 876 | Location: Halkirk Ab | Registered: 11 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
DAL
I wish I knew the answer. When I went 2 years ago, I had to send my passport to the Moz embassy in Washington to get my visa ahead of time. Don't know if that holds true for you or not

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Oday450
posted Hide Post
From the Travel.State.Gov web site:

Mozambique Country Specific Information

ENTRY / EXIT REQUIREMENTS FOR U.S. CITIZENS: A visa is required for entry into Mozambique. It is recommended that travelers acquire the appropriate visa prior to departing for Mozambique, although a one-entry visa can be purchased for $82 at country points of entry, including airports. Foreigners in Mozambique without a valid visa can expect to pay a substantial fine ($33) for each day they are in Mozambique illegally. The fine can be assessed upon travelers’ departure or if travelers are caught by authorities while still in Mozambique. Please pay close attention to the period you are authorized to stay in Mozambique on your visa ("Autorizado a permaneçer pelo período de [number of days]"). This is the maximum number of days you may stay before you must depart Mozambique. The passports of all travelers who wish to enter Mozambique must be valid for six months upon arrival and must contain at least three clean (unstamped) visa pages each time entry is sought. The Mozambican Embassy and Consulates in South Africa charge up to five times the amount charged in the United States or at border crossing points for a tourist visa to Mozambique. Visit the Embassy of Mozambique website for the most current visa information.

"Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult."

Posts: 1313 | Location: The People's Republic of Maryland, USA | Registered: 05 August 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
DAL,

I always recommend that clients get the visa beforehand as it just saves time and hassle fiddling around when crossing the border.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13019 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
DAL,

This might help.
http://www.voyage.gc.ca/countr...-eng.asp?id=198000#4

It is from the Canadian government travel site. Visas available at the border or the embassy in Washington. No Moz embassy in Canada, contact info available on the site above. IIRC I called the embassy to be sure of the latest regulations.

Dean

...I say that hunters go into Paradise when they die, and live in this world more joyfully than any other men.
-Edward, Duke of York

Posts: 876 | Location: Halkirk Ab | Registered: 11 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
at larger airports or port of entry(Beira, Maputo, etc.) it can be obtained on arrival( that's what i did on my first hunt through Beira).at small border posts( which won't have the necessary visa to stick in your passport) you must send your passport to the Moz embassy( yes, i know it is nerve wracking to send your passport to a third world country's embassy in Washington) to have them place the visa in your passport. that's what i did when i crossed from Zim into Moz at Macamburra( a REALLY small border crossing). bottom line though is that your outfitter should have all the info you need to solve the problem.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13431 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, all!
Looks like $82 and my passport at Pemba on arrival will do.

Posts: 227 | Location: Calgary, Canada | Registered: 06 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Last week I paid USD84 into Tete. The amount and the forms are changing often apparently.

Save the hassle and get one before you go unless you like to spend time in a queue!

Cheers and good hunting, Chris

DRSS

Posts: 1975 | Location: Australia | Registered: 25 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
Paid an even $80 in Pemba on July 29.

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2981 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tim I guess Pemba is a fairly small airport so might not wait too long for visa? I was rushing to a meeting so was fortunate to be business class from Jo'burg.I would have missed the meeting if I had not been near the front of the queue. Should really have picked up a visa in Dar I suppose.
Best wishes, Chris

DRSS

Posts: 1975 | Location: Australia | Registered: 25 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sent my info to my PH ahead of time, showed passport on arrival in Beira, picked up visa and we were on our way in less than 10 minutes. Always good to be with a PH who knows his way around the arrival area. Big Grin

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
DAL, sent you a PM.

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2648 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tete, Mozambique $80.00 on arrival. They will never have change so bring twenties not $100.00. Takes about 10 minutes max.

Jim Koustas

Niassaland Safaris
Hunt Logic
www.huntlogic.com

E-mail:jim@huntlogic.com

Posts: 71 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 12 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hunt Logic mine was three weeks ago and USD84. But I noticed doing my expenses the receipt didn't have an amount on it Big Grin

Depending which flight I guess. I was one of the first and it was more than 10min. Pity those further back on the plane.

Cheers, Chris

DRSS