Find
Notify
Tools

Crossbow in rifle case
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Highlander7
posted
Well my wife and I are in the final process of bow hunting trip to RSA. It's not scheduled until September but, we will be taking our crossbows. We both shoot Excalibur and can break down both bows and place into a rifle case. Has anyone heard of any problems once arriving in RSA with a Crossbow in a rifle case? I'm guessing the worst case would be opening it up at the police counter in Joberg. I plan on taking the precaution on marking the case "Crossbows." Thanks

MSG, USA (Ret.) Armor
NRA Life Memeber

Posts: 599 | Location: Chester County, PA. | Registered: 09 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of hunteratheart
posted Hide Post
My Nov trip to RSA had the crossbow assembled in it's case. They still opened it and then put tape over it and wrote on the tape "bow and arrow". No issues, just expect to have to open it especially if it's within a rifle case

DRSS
Sabatti 450\400 NE
Merkel 140-2 500 NE

Posts: 668 | Location: WA | Registered: 24 April 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Arrow Slinger
posted Hide Post
If using a gun case the luggage will be taken by the baggage handlers to police and checked -- so there will be delays, waiting in line, etc

Use a Badlands Terra Glide or similar bag and your luggage will go straight thru to pickup.

Posts: 106 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 31 December 2005Reply With Quote