New
Find
Notify
Tools

Coach seats
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Have flown coach on long haul and medium haul on 777-300 and 787, these damn new seats are terrible.

I don't fit in the new seats. My shoulders are wider than the seat. These new seats keep getting narrower.

having three broad shouldered men on a long haul flight would be death.

I need to seriously consider economy plus or even business. I am a cheap value guy - but flying coach is getting painful. Especially on non hunting trips - hunting trips to Africa I can tolerate it. But work trips to Asia is painful.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
How wide are coach seats on Emirates?

Dutch

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dutch44:
How wide are coach seats on Emirates?

Dutch

Think it is 17 inches.

I recently flew American 777 from dfw to hkg - death

Air India 787 - hkg to Bombay - death

I flew emirates 380 once from jfk to Dubai - 3 guys all with broad shoulders - we could not all sit back in our seat - our shoulders just did not allow it.

I have a flight from Dulles to joburg in 2 months - pain.

The newer the plane - the worst the seat width in economy.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike have a look at Virgin Atlantic they fly out of Orlando to.

Posts: 167 | Location: Kuwait | Registered: 14 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Flown Emirates 4 times on a 777 .While sitting in an airline seat for 16 hours is never on my list of fun things to do . I find their seats are the more comfortable than all of all other choices in airlines

Posts: 920 | Location: Chico California | Registered: 02 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cdparker
posted Hide Post
My best solution is to get an aisle seat. That way, I can hang over until the cart comes along.

Posts: 58 | Location: Mat Valley, Alaska | Registered: 31 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
My wife and I flew coach comfort front row isle bulkhead just behind buisness class this past June from Atl to Johannesburg

Tons of legroom but if you are wide.....no extra room there

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ted thorn:
My wife and I flew coach comfort front row isle bulkhead just behind buisness class this past June from Atl to Johannesburg

That's the place to be IMO. I'm on the same row, but have window seats for April trip. good pic ted.

Posts: 2276 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 07 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
JG

I had so much leg room I got my pack out of the overhead and made a footstool for the overnight sleep

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote