Find
Notify
Tools

The movie "The Naked Prey"
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of someoldguy
posted
I just bought the DVD version of one of my favorite action/adventure movies of all time: The Naked Prey*, starring Cornell Wilde. This movie hit the theatres in 1966, which I suppose makes it an "old" movie to some, but I'm surprised at the number of people who've never seen it.

Here are some of the really pretty locations where the film was shot. I'm sure many of you will recognize them:

Botswana (then called Bechuanaland)

Kruger National Park, South Africa

Sibasa, Northern Transvaal, South Africa

Zimbabwe (then called Rhodesia)

Entertaining movie! I heartily recommend it.
For American viewers, it's coming to TCM (Turner Classic Movies) on 28 June of this year at 2:15 PM Eastern.

*(Unfortunately, the only naked person in the movie is a guy, and you only see part of his posterior in one brief shot.)

Glenn

Posts: 942 | Location: Alabama | Registered: 16 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 404WJJeffery
posted Hide Post
One of my all time favorites as well. I first saw it as a kid in the 60s, and it still is great to watch.

"Are you gonna pull them pistols,...or whistle Dixie??"

Josie Wales 1866

Posts: 1489 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have been looking for this movie for quite a while, where can I get a DVD of it?

"An individual with experience is never at the mercies of an individual with an argument"

Posts: 1827 | Location: Palmer AK & Prescott Valley AZ | Registered: 01 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of someoldguy
posted Hide Post
If you do eBay, here is one. And for cheaper than what I bought my copy for!
killpc

Big Grin

http://cgi.ebay.com/Criterion-Collection-THE-NAKED-PREY...QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Glenn

One of Us
Picture of LRH270
posted Hide Post
There's one scene (at least) where if you watch the background you can see cars on a highway behind the screen of trees......

RMEF Life Member
SCI
DRSS
Chapuis 9,3/9,3 + 20/20
Simson 12/12/9,3
Zoli 7x57R/12
Kreighoff .470/.470

We band of 9,3ers!

The Few. The Pissed. The Taxpayers.

Posts: 1579 | Location: Arizona and Nevada since 1979. | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of someoldguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
There's one scene (at least) where if you watch the background you can see cars on a highway behind the screen of trees......

Big Grin

Well, for authenticity's sake, I hope it would have been 1880's cars on a typical 1880s South African highway.

Wink

Oh, well. Goofs happen. With some movies, they are the most entertaining part.

For trivia's sake, can anyone identify the rifles used during the elephant hunt at the beginning of the movie?

Glenn

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Seen the movie many times - it is pretty entertaining in a 60's sorta way.

Saeed's new re-indoctrination camp for former American politicians is based on this movie. The camp is scheduled to open January 21, 2009.

Big Grin

Posts: 13301 | Location: On the Couch with West Coast Cool | Registered: 20 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of someoldguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Saeed's new re-indoctrination camp for former American politicians is based on this movie. The camp is scheduled to open January 21, 2009.

rotflmo

I think I know who's going to be chased out of the village with hostile people pursuing, but I wonder who's gonna get roasted over an open fire?

Big Grin

Glenn

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by someoldguy:
quote:

rotflmo

I think I know who's going to be chased out of the village with hostile people pursuing, but I wonder who's gonna get roasted over an open fire?

Big Grin

The really fat one. Who else? But don't invite me to the banquet. My teeth might caught in the pacemaker wiring.

Posts: 11729 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Teat Hound
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LRH270:

Yes, I picked this up on our new big screen. How about the scene where you can see the shadow from the boom mike? It is after the scene with the auto in the background, I believe.

-eric

" . . . a gun is better worn and with bloom off---So is a saddle---People too by God." -EH

Posts: 952 | Location: Bakersfield, California | Registered: 03 June 2005Reply With Quote