THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    JFK to Joburg to Windhoek traveling with Firearms on SAA?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

JFK to Joburg to Windhoek traveling with Firearms on SAA?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted
I am Flying from home to JFK on Alaska Air. I have to get my Baggage at JFK and check in with South African Air to fly to Johannesburg and after 1 1/2 hour layover continue on S.A.A. to Windhoek(final destination). Will I be asked for a Saps form in either direction on South African Air?

Posts: 2329 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Slider, I've done the JFK-Jo-Berg-Wimndhoek flight several times. Since you stay with the same airline and don't take possession of your firearms in RSA, SAPS doesn't get involved.

Posts: 20124 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
Thanks

Posts: 2329 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Labman
posted Hide Post
When are you flying? I'm on that same flight leaving on 5/21/17. I chose the later flight to Windhoek. About a 5 hour layover in Joberg. I was worried about my bags/gun making it with only a 1 1/2 hour layover in Joberg.

The other posters are correct re: not having to go through the SAPS stuff in Joberg.

Tom Z

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2314 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
I depart JFK April 16th at 11:15am. Gracy's arranged the Travel.