THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    Travel insurance for hunters unavailable

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Travel insurance for hunters unavailable
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am hunting in Zim in June next year with Buzz Charlton.To my surprise there are no travel insurance policies available in Australia that do not specifically exclude hunting- you are not covered at all for any hunting mishap or injury. That includes if you are just the cameraman for a mate.There are a couple of policies for US and UK based hunters but they are hard to find and do not cover foreign citizens. Most US policies also
exclude hunting.
Any suggestions where I can get a travel policy for my trip?
Cheers
Wombat

Australia
I love a sunburnt country,
A land of sweeping plains,
Of ragged mountain ranges,
Of drought and flooding rains.
I love her far horizons,
I love her jewel-sea,
Her beauty and her terror
The wide brown land for me!

Posts: 302 | Location: Australia | Registered: 09 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted Hide Post
I'd call Shawn at Gracey Travel (Texas USA) and ask her about it.

Posts: 3276 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think you can buy the trip insurance you want from Global Rescue. BUT it is pricey.

If your parents didn't have any children chances are you won't either.

Posts: 468 | Location: Davie Florida | Registered: 15 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We use Travel Guard nearly every trip and used it as recently as this past September on a trip to Namibia and Zim. Maybe they’ve stopped providing since then?

Karl Evans

Posts: 2759 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bud Meadows
posted Hide Post
quote:
recently

I used Global Rescue my first 5 trips to Namibia. When I attempted to use them in 2022 they denied me coverage because I turned 75 that year. I ended up using Ripcord, and my age was no problem with them. Screw Global Rescue.

Jesus saves, but Moses invests

Posts: 1382 | Location: Lake Bluff, IL | Registered: 02 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wesheltonj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bud Meadows:
quote:
recently

I used Global Rescue my first 5 trips to Namibia. When I attempted to use them in 2022 they denied me coverage because I turned 75 that year. I ended up using Ripcord, and my age was no problem with them. Screw Global Rescue.

Did you choose the 75 to 84 option?

Posts: 754 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 13 April 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Contact Global Rescue or Ripcord. I'm sure they can sell you a policy.

Posts: 10027 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote