Find
Notify
Tools

Airfare to Cameroon
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Yo !

Heading off to Cameroon in early February and the airfare seems a bit steep..... $2,745 Canadian out of Calgary. Has anyone gone the last year or so and what did it cost for them ??? Thanks, amigos ! Smiler

Posts: 1535 | Location: Alberta/Namibia | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve Turner - Total Travel Solutions
posted Hide Post
Hi Scruffy - shoot me an email or give me a call - Swiss are offering a pretty good fare!

Steve Turner
Travel With Guns
210-858-9833
steve@travelwithguns.com

www.travelwithguns.com

Posts: 138 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I shall phone you Friday morning ! Thanks ! beer Also a pm sent ...

Posts: 1535 | Location: Alberta/Namibia | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve Turner - Total Travel Solutions
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by scruffy:
I shall phone you Friday morning ! Thanks ! beer Also a pm sent ...

Reply to your PM sent - if 866 number does not work from Canada try 210-8589833

Steve Turner
Travel With Guns
210-858-9833
steve@travelwithguns.com

www.travelwithguns.com

Posts: 138 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
I didn't pay much less than that five years ago when the dollar was considerably stronger.

WARNING: Air Cameroon is notoriously bad to fly late. Sometimes up to 24 hours late. Make sure your tickets are booked all the way from your departure city to destination city. If you have separate tickets (international and domestic) and Air Cam causes you to miss your connection b/c of their delays you will have to buy additional international airfare. This happened to our party of three on the way home adding about $8000 to our airfares.

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2988 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill C
posted Hide Post
I flew Cameroon Airlines ("Air Sometimes") in Feb-08 because they were flying direct to Garoula, thus avoiding an overnight in Douala + a second flight or charter. I was one of about a dozen passangers on the big Boeing 747. In March-08, Cameroon Airlines ceased operations. They were going to re-open as a new company CamairCo but I don't know if that ever "got off the ground".

In 08, I paid $800 for DC to Paris, and $1000 Euro (~$1400 USD at the time IIRC) for the flight between Paris and Garoula on CamAir which was similar to Air France to Douala at the time. So....considering the weaker Dollar, sounds okay, or at least close enough.

Posts: 3153 | Location: PA | Registered: 02 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Scruffy,

Been there and done that. Go Air France and save yourself some headaches. A few hundred bucks as opposed to sitting around the airport waiting for the flight to leave. What's that worth?

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12869 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote