New
Find
Notify
Tools

Opinions on Iberia?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I've never flown them but they do fly in/out of NY.

There are some combination fares out there right now with Delta to SA and Iberia/Delta home via Madrid.

Any opinions on Iberia, pro or con?

Posts: 42 | Location: The Glorious Democratic People's Republic of New Jersey | Registered: 04 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I once flew Iberia in 1982 in July during the World cup soccer event.We missed a connecting flight and were stuck in the Madrid airport and then the Barcelona airport.Not one person spoke a word of english in both airports.The view from within the airport looking outside at Barcelona was beautifull.They showed one of my favorite movies onboard-On Golden Pond.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cazador humilde
posted Hide Post
We flew Iberia on vacation inside Spain. I looked at the coverage map and wondered how they'd be all the way into southern Africa. They seemed like a very decent airline to us and wouldn't mind flying them again.

Posts: 1278 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 31 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We'll find out how Iberia is this coming week as we're taking them from Madrid to JNB.

Posts: 277 | Location: Murphy, TX | Registered: 21 July 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Service was great. But, they lost my luggage when I connected in Madrid flying from the states. All I heard was excuses and passing the buck. They kept saying I did not have any luggage with me according to their records. I finnaly received it about the time I was heading home. The luggage made several detours, including Puerto Rico, Paris France and god knows where else before finally arriving in JNB.

Brooks

Posts: 179 | Location: Virginia, NE. USA | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
I had problems with Iberia travelling London - Madrid - Buenos Aires. They nearly left my Rifles on the Tarmac, as they didn't have the licences renewed to transit firearms in the UK. The TV was taped up wit Duct Tape into the ceiling so I had 10 hours of this thing bouncing about above my head. The plane was old and tatty.

Other than that it was great!!

Strangely the leg between ondon and Madrid was OK, but the long haul was a different plane.
I wouldn't use them again and a freind of mine flew recently and had the same experience.

FB

Posts: 4096 | Location: London | Registered: 03 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My wife and I flew with them a few years back to visit our friends in Spain. The schedule was Edmonton to Toronto to Madrid then on to Malaga.. In typical Spanish disregard for time, we made an unscheduled stop in Montreal. The reason given was to take on fuel. The real reason was to fill up the seats of the plane. We sat on the hot tarmac for a couple of hours until the last seat was finally filled. No free drinks, no apologies, no anything.Consequently, this caused problems when we had to transfer in Madrid to go on to Malaga. On the return, more careless disregard for time resulted in missed connections.

If you want efficient service, don't fly Iberia. If you want to take a chance of things possibly turning out, or not, and you're keen on suspense, fly Iberia.

Bobby B.

Posts: 323 | Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada | Registered: 12 September 2007Reply With Quote