Find
Notify
Tools

Emirates Dubai connection
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Sniper
posted
Flew to SA a couple weeks ago via Emirates leaving from Dulles, Washington DC. The plane was late arriving to Dulles and ended up leaving 1.5 hours behind schedule. Was a very tight connection, barely made it in Dubai to JNB. On the return trip home flight was late leaving JNB, again 1.5 hrs and barely made the connection to Dulles. I hope Emirates soon offers another flight with more than a 2 hour layover. They used to have either a 4 or 6 hour layover which is a little more friendly to delays etc. I know they have the 24 hour one but that is too long. Overall though Emirates was great and zero issues with guns and bags.

"In the worship of security we fling ourselves beneath the wheels of routine, and before we know it our lives are gone"--Sterling Hayden--

David Tenney
US Operations Manager
Trophy Game Safaris
Southern Africa
Tino and Amanda Erasmus
www.tgsafari.co.za

Posts: 871 | Location: Tennessee, USA | Registered: 11 January 2004Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Emirates is usually good on their schedules.

My understanding is slots at European airports are creating a lot of timing problems.

Heathrow is demanding Emirates LIMIT the number of passengers they bring in.

Many passengers are unable to book flights due to this.

But, the whole of the UK transport system is in total disaster right now!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67385 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
It's not just the European airports, here in the US it's as messed up as a soup sandwich.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12591 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote