THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    What type of locks on Guns and Ammo for US to RSA?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What type of locks on Guns and Ammo for US to RSA?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted
I have always used my own heavy duty padlocks for my rifle case and ammo case (whether the ammo was a separate bag or in my checked luggage).

Has this changed?

My plan for this Friday was:

1. My padlocks on my gun case
2. TSA locks on my checked baggage (large $5 Samsonite plastic hard case from Goodwill with everything inside - my own Tuffpak)
3. Pelican 1200 case inside of checked baggage

What locks should I use on the Pelican ammo case? Padlocks or TSA locks? I assume if they make me check it separate for my domestic RSA flight I'd want padlocks?

Or do I take a set of both of the Ammo case? Padlocks and TSA locks and adapt at the airport?

This my 4th time to RSA, but concerned things might have changed regarding checked ammo and the types of locks.

Thanks!

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid" -- Ronald Reagan

"Ignorance of The People gives strength to totalitarians."

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3045 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
AH,

Put TSA locks on the ammo box just in case TSA feels they need to physically inspect it.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12867 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
TSA has opened my ammo case that was inside of my checked luggage. Lucky it has TSA locks on it or I would imagine that they would have cut them off.

posted Hide Post
Agreed- put TSA locks on ammo cases. They had opened mine up for inspection on my flight in July.

Posts: 14 | Location: Western North Carolina | Registered: 26 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted Hide Post
Roger! Thanks!

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid" -- Ronald Reagan

"Ignorance of The People gives strength to totalitarians."

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3045 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tanks
posted Hide Post
Agree with the TSA lock on the ammo case. They opened mine two weeks ago. Also at JNB airport I did not need to check ammo case separately for the SAA flight.

Posts: 1083 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: 01 January 2014Reply With Quote