Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Namibian Travel in 2011
 Login/Join

posted
My husband and I starting to plan our February 2011 trip to Namibia.
We have a rough idea as to what we would like to see and were wondering who has been there and where are good places to stay. We very much would like to have air conditioning in the rooms that we stay in.
We fly into Windhoek and will probably spend a couple of days there before heading off south. For sure we would like to see the Fish River Canyon, then upward to the Sussouvlei area and Sesreim area. Has anyone stayed at the lodgings within the park gates?
After a few days there we will head on to the Etosha Pan area and then the Caprivi strip to Victoria Falls. From there our options are come back through the Caprivi or down through Botswana and into Namibia again where hubby will go hunting for about 8-10 days.
We would love to hear from those who have been there and recommend accomodations and vehicle rentals etc.
Is is necessary to know beforehand where the gas stations are along the way in order to calculate for fuel stops and not end up stranded?
Looking forward to hearing about your experiences or what to do and what not to do.

Posts: 2 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 26 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ask your PH for his recommendations.

Robert

If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people, under the pretense of taking care of them, they must become happy. Thomas Jefferson, 1802

Posts: 1207 | Location: Tomball or Rocksprings with Namibia on my mind! | Registered: 29 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Welcome aboard travelling minstrel,

I can't help out much apart from Vic Falls is worth a day or two and be prepared for the stall sellers up front and in your face selling style Wink

Hope you get more helpful advice.

Cheers,
Mark.

Posts: 557 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 13 February 2007Reply With Quote