THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CUSTOM RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Custom Built Rifles    Sharps Borchardt 1878 in 30-40 Krag
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sharps Borchardt 1878 in 30-40 Krag
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I bought this as an action just because it was marked "JP Lower Denver" on the receiver top. I had it barreled in 30-40 Krag and stocked it with a decent piece of wood. It's off to be blued. I'm pretty happy with the results. I have a companion rifle in 405 Winchester.

https://imgur.com/gallery/UAJbJid

Quick, Cheap, or Good: Pick Two

Posts: 2141 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nicely done, my favorite cartridge.

ACGG Life Member, since 1985

Posts: 1786 | Registered: 07 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is that a carbon barrel?

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Posts: 826 | Location: Randleman, NC | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
YES

Posts: 13442 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'd say that wood is several steps above decent! Beautiful rifle!

Posts: 303 | Location: Hill Country, TX | Registered: 26 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Great rifle!!!!!

Posts: 1641 | Location: Colorado, USA | Registered: 11 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow! Nicely done.

Posts: 376 | Location: USA | Registered: 26 March 2016Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A great cartridge choice (I have five of them!) on a very nice action (sadly, I have none of those). A great looking rifle. Regards, Bill

Posts: 3522 | Location: Elko, B.C. Canada | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Scrollcutter
posted Hide Post
Grats on a nicely put together rifle.

Roger Kehr
Kehr Engraving Company
(360)456-0831

Posts: 1631 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 29 December 2002Reply With Quote