New
Find
Notify
Tools

Custom fun projects
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Here is my Martini which I started about 4 yrs ago. It is now being checked out at the range. Everything is custom about this rifle. Action, stock, sight base, butt plates, grip cap,safety, chamber reamer, headspace gage, and reloading tools. It is a special 20 cal. about .100 inch shorter than a 204 Ruger. The barrel was threaded and chambered on a mini lathe 7X12 and the sight base cut on a mini mill. Stock routed on my custom made duplicator.

Posts: 965 | Location: Texas | Registered: 19 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That looks VERY good, how about some more closeups of the details?
Regards, Joe

Posts: 2756 | Location: deep South | Registered: 09 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
YES-please more details also on the loading
tools
Thanks Sydney

one of us
posted Hide Post
Close up of the grip area showing the trigger stop and safety. I like a light pull on the Martini and the trigger block will keep the firing pin from falling, but it has to be set very close so by opening the action you don't break the trigger off. The grip cap was cut out with hacksaw and hand filed to shape. I put a little engraving around to break up the oval shape. The butt plates were cut out of 1/8 inch cold rold steel. I can remove the butt stock through the center large screw cap. My next project is to do some engraving on the rest of the rifle.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Sydney,

This reloader was made for traveling in my RV. It started out as a similar tool to the Newton hand press from around 1910. I made several changes to make everything interchange. This size tool will load up to 375 H & H with neck size only. If you would like to know more send me a PM.

One of Us
Picture of WoodHunter
posted Hide Post
A beautiful rifle from a Master Gun Builder!

Posts: 1458 | Location: Running With The Hounds | Registered: 28 April 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Great looking rifle!

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I never met a Martini custom that I didn't like.
Yours is just as nice as it can be.

Cheers, John

Give me COFFEE and nobody gets hurt

Posts: 1608 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: 04 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of srtrax
posted Hide Post
Very nice rifle Mr. Brooks...was this built off the tailgate of your pickup Wink.
Lots of talent there, nice build.

Enjoy!!!

Posts: 1641 | Location: Green Country Oklahoma | Registered: 03 August 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This rifle had 8X10 stick building for its beginning at my Lake lot. I sold all of my machines and the property.

The Show and Tell article on the Gunsmithing site will be my last and final stock. Too much time working and not enough for shooting in the field. VARMINT SHOOTING ONLY

one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted Hide Post
Les -

I love the little Martini cadet actions, and that is a gorgeous little thing. Could you please show some additional details of the safety you made up. I have two I am working on, a .22 long rifle sporter, and .223 varminter.

Dave

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know. - Groucho Marx

Posts: 3818 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Bore Fan
posted Hide Post
First, a very interesting and nice rifle. And than, I found, the reloading tools are very interesting. Such things are very rare.

Martin

Posts: 824 | Location: Munich, Bavaria, thats near Germany | Registered: 23 November 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A very nice little rifle..

what scope is that?

Posts: 615 | Location: a cold place | Registered: 22 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nortman,

The scope is the old Weaver 12 power with a fine cross hair from about 50 yrs ago. It is a good clear scope and perfect for shooting off the bench.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Very nice - the talent displayed on this website never ceases to amaze me!

Posts: 1361 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 07 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
Very cool. Nice work.

Posts: 6400 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
les are you still in texas?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Easttexashunter,

Check your PM for a reply at the top