New
Find
Notify
Tools

Custom re barrel
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a rem 700 s/a with the standard bolt face. I want to have the action coated black and have a shilen s/s barrel in remingtons factory sporter contour, chambered in .243 AI. Do any of you know of someone that does quality work for a decent price?

Posts: 135 | Location: sw kansas | Registered: 25 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dan Dowling in Grand Junction Colorado would be my choice.

DRSS
Kreighoff 470 NE
Valmet 412 30/06 & 9.3x74R

Posts: 1075 | Location: Denver | Registered: 31 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
jim kobe

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Shilen will do it for you. Everything they have done for me has been quality work and Very accurate.

Posts: 1135 | Location: corpus, TX | Registered: 02 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Save yourself some trouble.. Wink..I have a very nice Rem 700 chrome moly ADL that I had punched to .243AI for sale. It has a factory sporter barrel that has no open sights or holes on it. It also has a factory bolt knob that is round with no checkering (rare?). Awesome bedding job by Herb Reilly of Jonesborough, TN. Herb also trued / blueprinted the action and I have the data sheet for that. It has a sweet Shilen trigger in it. Factory wood stock. Action and barrel are gloss blue, but get it coated and you're close to where you want to be. This is one of the nicest 700s I have ever owned. I can incluse 50pcs of once fired Win fireformed 243AI brass and RCBS dies also. let me know if interested and I'll come up with a price

Posts: 325 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 11 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Check Randy Selby

one of us
posted Hide Post
If you don't buy hardin284's, I have used both Randy Selby and Jim Kobe with great results from both.

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
willimon1
You might get better results on the gunsmithing forum or on the 24hr Campfire forum. They lean more to the Remington folks.
Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Another vote for Dan Dowling.
Probably the best accuracy smith in the country, and the Rem 700 is his prefered action.

Posts: 3034 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 01 July 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by willimon1:
I have a rem 700 s/a with the standard bolt face. I want to have the action coated black and have a shilen s/s barrel in remingtons factory sporter contour, chambered in .243 AI. Do any of you know of someone that does quality work for a decent price?

Might want to try

Dave Sullivan, Westwind Rifles
640 Briggs Street
Erie, CO 80516
Ph: (303)828-3823

VFW

Posts: 1098 | Location: usa | Registered: 16 March 2001Reply With Quote