New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lubrication issue
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
The problem is an aluminum follower in a stamped stainless magazine box. I would like to hard anodize, but with time constraints on a booked hut, any recommended lube product?

Posts: 3489 | Location: Phone: (253) 535-0066 / (253) 230-5599, Address: PO Box 822 Spanaway WA 98387 | www.customgunandrifle.com | Registered: 16 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Send it as quick as you can and I'll have it back on the way 2 days after receiving it. I can have it e nickled also if you choose.

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ismith
posted Hide Post
Maybe a dry film lubricant?

What force or guile could not subdue,
Thro' many warlike ages,
Is wrought now by a coward few,
For hireling traitor's wages.

Posts: 249 | Location: Montana | Registered: 17 January 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ismith
posted Hide Post
Chain lube might work in a pinch.

https://www.amsoil.com/shop/by...tectants/chain-lube/

What force or guile could not subdue,
Thro' many warlike ages,
Is wrought now by a coward few,
For hireling traitor's wages.

Posts: 249 | Location: Montana | Registered: 17 January 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by butchlambert:
Send it as quick as you can and I'll have it back on the way 2 days after receiving it. I can have it e nickled also if you choose.

Thanks, Butch. May take you up on that, but just got into the other two rifles and ran into more issues that I just might throw in the towel

Posts: 3489 | Location: Phone: (253) 535-0066 / (253) 230-5599, Address: PO Box 822 Spanaway WA 98387 | www.customgunandrifle.com | Registered: 16 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just let me know.

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Until Butch can get it anodized try paste wax on the follower and mag interior.

Posts: 3700 | Location: SC,USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The best lube I've ever found is Mil Comm TW25B. Great stuff.PM me your mailing address and I will send you a tube of it to try.

Guns and hunting

Posts: 1099 | Registered: 07 February 2017Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I suspect one can get away with it without any lube or grease that collects dust and grit, until after the hunt and then fix it..It should still feed and function perfectly just a little bit rough or whatever, correct Duane or not ??

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41952 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote