New
Find
Notify
Tools

Customizing the CZ 527
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am wondering what folk's experiences have been customizing the CZ 527.

For example, have you (can you) replace the protruding single stack box with a mauser type box? And can you get rid of that ugly safety and replace it with a Model 70 type safety. And can the set trigger be replaced?

Otherwise it looks like a nice little gun for varmints and small whitetails.

Posts: 2059 | Location: Mpls., MN | Registered: 28 June 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They're nice little rifles, usually quite accurate and worthy of some "beautification.

The trigger can be adjusted to a nice single stage pull. Calhoun used to offer this tune. Not sure if it's still available but it's not rocket science.

The ears can be ground off the floorplate and the mag cut to 3 rounds. Almost flush and much nicer looking. Robertolotto (sp) offers this service.
Don't know about safety.but some have ground the billboard off the side.

Show us pics of your results!
Larry

Posts: 374 | Location: Atlanta.GA | Registered: 07 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
No need to mod the original parts . CZ sells the 3 shot mag and new trigger guard without the ears.

Posts: 6416 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of wildcat junkie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by richj:
No need to mod the original parts . CZ sells the 3 shot mag and new trigger guard without the ears.

Can you post a link? I can't seem to find them.

GOOGLE HOTLINK FIX FOR BLOCKED PHOTOBUCKET IMAGES https://chrome.google.com/webs...inkfix=1516144253810

Posts: 2440 | Location: Northern New York, WAY NORTH | Registered: 04 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
PITA to find. click on "web store", "click and go " to the model, click on part number. even though it's the regular 5 shot part you will see the 3 shot too

http://shop.cz-usa.com/SearchB...rigger%20guard%20527

One of Us
posted Hide Post
What I am wondering is whether it could be converted to use a regular Mauser type bottom metal?

Posts: 2059 | Location: Mpls., MN | Registered: 28 June 2014Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
We have done quite a few by replacing the barrels.

We square the front of the action, and cut the new barrel to butt against it rather then just go through.

Every one we made shot extremely well.

But, we only use match barrels.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67171 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed, I have done quite a few as well. Really nice little rifles with some minor mods. I have done several, for one customer, with a coned breech similar of the M70, extractor notch and all. The backwards safety, by our standards, is still an obstacle for me.

NRA Patron Life Member Benefactor Level

Posts: 1283 | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
How hard would it be to sleeve the factory mag box, trim the lips on one side, add an offset follower so you can top load it, add a hinged floorplate. ha ha I'd buy one.

quote:
Originally posted by lindy2:
What I am wondering is whether it could be converted to use a regular Mauser type bottom metal?