New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mauser Type A sporter fans?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anyone here shooting one or a fan of them?

Some of the early Rigby, Jeffery and Westley Richards guns were English stocked factory Mauser actions.

Thinking about buying and shooting another.
Need a reality check I guess.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The reality is that everyday that passes makes it one less day that you will live on this planet.

Therefore, if you have the desire to own another one; and
You have the funds to purchase one; and
You have found one you want to purchase:

But it, and enjoy it.

And be sure to show us a photo of it when you get it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
RDB,

Would an factory Orbendorf 9.3 x 62 interest you? Octagon to round, set triggers. It's not a Rigby or Jeffery, but it's a real nice older factory mauser.

Posts: 680 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 21 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RDB:
Anyone here shooting one or a fan of them?

Some of the early Rigby, Jeffery and Westley Richards guns were English stocked factory Mauser actions.

Thinking about buying and shooting another.
Need a reality check I guess.

Sure I like them but prices are too high to me to consider one. I seek out FN made Brownings because I can still afford to purchase them.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sadly the gun turned out to be a bust. Nothing matching and a few things done to it not easily fixed.

I am interested in a straight example of any Type A in smaller calibers, single trigger round barrel.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
check out Colorado Gunsports in Boulder. They usually have type A or two on hand. Last time I wandered in, they had a really nice one in 8x68s with "magnum enscribed on the ribed half-octgagon barrel. Really nice.

Matt
FISH!!

Heed the words of Winston Smith in Orwell's 1984:

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

Posts: 3285 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ColoradoMatt:
check out Colorado Gunsports in Boulder. They usually have type A or two on hand. Last time I wandered in, they had a really nice one in 8x68s with "magnum enscribed on the ribed half-octgagon barrel. Really nice.

You are sure that it was a 8x68S? Normally, the magnum is a part of the 8x60S (often used in Type A Mausers)!

Posts: 561 | Location: northern Germany | Registered: 26 February 2005Reply With Quote