THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CUSTOM RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Custom Built Rifles    Kimber with sliding tang safety. Ever seen one?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kimber with sliding tang safety. Ever seen one?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted
I bumped into a 250 Savage chambered Kimber marked Cascade and Lynx on the action. The bottom metal is pure Kimber, but the sliding 2 position safety (not rolling as originally thought) is on the tang. It's not a Kimber model 84 or a standard Cascade Arms Kimber. I've been told it might be a transition model of some sort. Anyone out there ever see one like this? CB

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5105 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The rifle is a Cascade Arms Rifle. The Model of the rifle is Lynx. The owner of Cascade Arms and maker of that rifle is Butch Weyand. He took my spot as Wood Shop Manager of Kimber Of Oregon in 1987. He was given the patent rights to the Kimber 84 Action by Jack Warne, the father of Greg, the founder of Warne Rings, and the financial backer of the Kimber of Oregon from it's inception.

Posts: 311 | Location: Tygh Valley, OR | Registered: 05 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It looks to be a real nice little rifle, but I for one have not seen one.

Were they not very successful for some reason?

Posts: 2059 | Location: Mpls., MN | Registered: 28 June 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mr. Smith. I appreciate you taking the time to share this information as I couldn't find one rifle with the tang safety. I'll give him a call.
quote:
Originally posted by Dennis Earl Smith:
The rifle is a Cascade Arms Rifle. The Model of the rifle is Lynx. The owner of Cascade Arms and maker of that rifle is Butch Weyand. He took my spot as Wood Shop Manager of Kimber Of Oregon in 1987. He was given the patent rights to the Kimber 84 Action by Jack Warne, the father of Greg, the founder of Warne Rings, and the financial backer of the Kimber of Oregon from it's inception.

Posts: 5105 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cascade Arms is a one man show. Every rifle built was custom ordered. As for successful...he has been in business since 1992. He has five more to build in house as of this month. He has never had to advertise for work. He is a gunmaker. He has subcontracted engraving but very little else unless requested by the client(usually checkering). See Steve Barnett's add on GunsInternational to see if his work is appreciated.

As for the tang safety, it was a option chosen or requested by the client.

Dennis Earl Smith
Professional Member ACGG
Benefactor Life NRA
Life NAHC

Posts: 311 | Location: Tygh Valley, OR | Registered: 05 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
You've confirmed all of what I found out in the last few days. Thank you. Having seen several photos of the current Cascade rifles, this older, slightly used custom pales a bit in comparison yet at $2,500 it is tempting nonetheless. I'm sure his work is appreciated by many.