THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CUSTOM RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Custom Built Rifles    CNC specialty machining (ex Blackburn)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CNC specialty machining (ex Blackburn)
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hi guys, I am wondering if anybody has had anything to do with CNC specialty machining? My gunsmith (Kudu)has ordered and paid for 2 #9 mag boxes for my projects but they have not shown up 3 months later. My Gunsmith has emailed them without response, have they had problems, are they still a going concern, are they just slack?

I'm kinda getting a little worried now.

Steve

Posts: 65 | Location: yarra valley Australia | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
3 months is a/b 1/3 of the time it took to get mine. I like their products, but the time wait is frustrating.
I believe there was a posting on this site a/b them(CNC) being for sale. You might look for the post.

Posts: 1135 | Location: corpus, TX | Registered: 02 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info mate, I looked up CNC specitaly on here but didnt see anything about them being for sale. Maybe thats why the lead time is so long. Still I think its pretty poor form for my gunsmiths emails to go unasnwered

Steve

Posts: 65 | Location: yarra valley Australia | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks mate, I cant wat to get them and get the projects finished off

Steve

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll do just that next time! I'm not in any in a hurry for the boxes, I'm just keen to keep my projects moving. I am not worried about the leade time if they keep my bloke updated, I am however a little annoyed with CNC in that they refuse to return emails sent by my 'smith after he has paid for their products.

one of us
posted Hide Post
You just have to remember that Duane is a hunter as well. He does not return email or PMs while in the field. I think he's out right now.

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is probably what's happened!

one of us
posted Hide Post
CNC is Ted Blackburn, and Duane is Sound Metal Products. They are competetitors, not the same enitity.

CNC not returning your calls or emails has nothing to do with Duane hunting. It has to to do with Ted and Maggie Blackburn's standard business practice.

Posts: 2509 | Location: Kisatchie National Forest, LA | Registered: 20 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
So this is the standard CNC way of doing buisness? I'm now having to come on here and ask if they are even still in buisness and try and chase things up so my gunsmith can get back to building rifles.

Sorry I didnt realise Duane had nothing to do with CNC.

one of us
posted Hide Post
search "blackburn", "maggie", "CNC specialt producst" in the gunsmithing forum and you will find many pages of people basically posting what you did at the begininning of this thread going back many years. And things worse than that. Sorry that Ted screwed you this time. That guy and Magiie have really done a lot of folks wrong over the years. it would not surprise me in th eleast if you did not have your bottom emtal this time next year. or possibly even the year after that.

I Would do everything i could to get my money back and buy from Duane Wiebe. If he cannot ship soemthing to you for 2 months or whatever, he will tell you in no uncertain words.

Posts: 2509 | Location: Kisatchie National Forest, LA | Registered: 20 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Give Maggie enough time and she will be back here with another hard luck story about why all the delays. This is usally followed by pleas to order from the company, things are straightened out now, we are filling orders quickly, etc. etc. etc. I finally went with Sunny Hill after waiting for several months passed promised delviery date from Balckburn.

Posts: 121 | Location: on the road | Registered: 01 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 7mmMagnum
posted Hide Post
Aussie Steve, Roger Vardy has some of Duane's bottom metal units in stock. Charges a fortune for them though & with the Aussie $ so high at the moment you're better off ordering directly from Duane.

He's great to deal with, but he's been off hunting Pronghorns for the last week or 2 so.....might have to wait till he's back if you want to head down that path.

One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3191 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 01 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
500N
Please read this again.

"
quote:
CNC is Ted Blackburn, and Duane is Sound Metal Products. They are competetitors, not the same enitity.

CNC not returning your calls or emails has nothing to do with Duane hunting. It has to to do with Ted and Maggie Blackburn's standard business practice.

Duane company is Sound Metal products.
Ted's/Maggie company is CNC specialty machining.

In short the delivery problem is with Ted. No on else.

Posts: 1286 | Location: N.J | Registered: 16 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen: Thanks for the posts...Yes...took two grandsons with me to WY antelope hunting...they are 7 and 9...WOW! what a blast!...anyway got back last night

Posts: 2221 | Location: Tacoma, WA | Registered: 31 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hmmm, just had a look at Blackburn under the custom rifle section seems I'm not alone here.I guess the only saving grace is they should send the two mag boxes out eventually, its just how many months (years?) I have to wait.

Duane, mate I am very sorry for draging you into this I was not awaer you are not connected.

Steve

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sure they might have hardships, every company does at different times, but not returning emails or phone calls?

Steve

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aussie steve:
Hmmm, just had a look at Blackburn under the custom rifle section seems I'm not alone here.I guess the only saving grace is they should send the two mag boxes out eventually, its just how many months (years?) I have to wait.

Duane, mate I am very sorry for draging you into this I was not awaer you are not connected.

Steve

No problem, but..kinda glad the issue was clarified. seeya Duane

Posts: 2221 | Location: Tacoma, WA | Registered: 31 October 2003Reply With Quote