Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone going to Tulsa gun show?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of lee440
posted
I'll be leaving early friday a.m. with my buddy, Metalsmith Tom Griffen. I will be meeting up with another friend of ours, Stockmaker Winston Elrod who will be delivering my matched pair of Safari Rifles. They will be on his table all day Saturday, if you want to stop by and feel them up.. no charge for AR members! In short, they are built on 1909 Argentines, one in .375 H&H, the other in .318 Express/ Westley Richards. Lothar-Walther barrels, Wiebbe drop mags, NECG express sights and barrel bands, Lapour M-70 safeties, Griffen custom bases for Talley QR rings, Silvers recoil pads and Fisher grip caps. They are stocked in 30+ year old Circassian, both blanks from the same tree, dark and gorgeous! Light Engraving by the Late, Great Texan, Tommy Kaye. These rifles have been in the works for many years. Tom Griffen did all the metal work, Winston did all stockmaking, checkering and rust bluing. I am looking forward to receiving them, and if you are there, please stop by! Lee.

DRSS(We Band of Bubba's Div.)
N.R.A (Life)
T.S.R.A (Life)
D.S.C.

Posts: 2269 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Always want to do it.

Am 180 miles from Tulsa but am hunting in Nebraska this weekend.

I may do the spring show.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lee440:
I'll be leaving early friday a.m. with my buddy, Metalsmith Tom Griffen. I will be meeting up with another friend of ours, Stockmaker Winston Elrod who will be delivering my matched pair of Safari Rifles. They will be on his table all day Saturday, if you want to stop by and feel them up.. no charge for AR members! In short, they are built on 1909 Argentines, one in .375 H&H, the other in .318 Express/ Westley Richards. Lothar-Walther barrels, Wiebbe drop mags, NECG express sights and barrel bands, Lapour M-70 safeties, Griffen custom bases for Talley QR rings, Silvers recoil pads and Fisher grip caps. They are stocked in 30+ year old Circassian, both blanks from the same tree, dark and gorgeous! Light Engraving by the Late, Great Texan, Tommy Kaye. These rifles have been in the works for many years. Tom Griffen did all the metal work, Winston did all stockmaking, checkering and rust bluing. I am looking forward to receiving them, and if you are there, please stop by! Lee.

I know that they will be beautiful! Tommy Kaye did my 1917 Enfield and the bolt handle on one of my 40X rimfires.He was a treat.

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tom mason
posted Hide Post
Winston is delivering some items for me also. We will have many custom rifles on our tables. Come by and see us at 15C.

Posts: 1117 | Location: Moore, Okla. | Registered: 28 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I won't be able to make it to the show, but Ken Pendleton, of Pendleton Firearms, has several of my custom made rifles and original Oberndorf sporters on consignment, and will be there. Some of them are pictured on Guns International under "Pendleton Firearms". Feel free to email me with any questions.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Love that Haugh 500 Jeffery!

Posts: 20111 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Butch...what is your table number.
I am 4 A and several others ...looking right out the big loading door and just before you go downstairs.
Mims (AKA Harry)

You can borrow money but you can not borrow time. Go hunting with your family.

Posts: 1529 | Location: Texas | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Harry:
Butch...what is your table number.
I am 4 A and several others ...looking right out the big loading door and just before you go downstairs.
Mims (AKA Harry)

Harry, I won't be therebut a buddy will be. at 9LC-3 on the lower floor. Look Kim up.

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I went to the area as instructed and never found him ,the guns nor anyone knowing about these rifles. Gave up and went back upstairs.

You can borrow money but you can not borrow time. Go hunting with your family.

Posts: 1529 | Location: Texas | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I went to the area as instructed and never found him ,the guns nor anyone knowing about these rifles. Gave up and went back upstairs.

I don't think he could legally bring weapons from Texas and sell them in Okla. Kim was selling scopes.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by butchlambert:
quote:

I don't think he could legally bring weapons from Texas and sell them in Okla.
Correct,,, unless you are 'flying under the radar', like so many do.

Posts: 691 | Location: fly over America, also known as Oklahoma | Registered: 02 June 2013Reply With Quote