New
Find
Notify
Tools

beautiful
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
ditto

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
It looks like it has had a crack repaired(poorly) on the tang.

I am surprised by the fit of the fore end cap.

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6834 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kabluewy
posted Hide Post
Two things in the description draw my attention:

He says and shows what's under the butt plate, but says that he won't take a screw driver to it to see what's under the barrel, so he speculates. He apparantly didn't have any problem turning screws on the butt plate, so what's the deal with the action screws. My bet is that he knows exactly what's under there.

He says it shows no use. Ain't that something? You too can own this piece of work, fondel it, show it off, and someday it can be part of your estate sale, still unused. Imagine that. Big Grin

KB

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Posts: 12818 | Registered: 16 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I can't help but agree with the previous posters. The comments about the butt plate and screwdrivers, as well as the fore end cap! I didn't notice the repair though. Still, at the right price it would be be a very nice rifle to own (and shoot) especially as I REALLY like the caliber!
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10510 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
The 7x57 that George Caswell just listed isn't too bad either. A little more expensive but to my eye a nicer look.

Mike

Posts: 21237 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
The 7x57 that George Caswell just listed

MJ, where?
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10510 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post

Posts: 21237 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks!
Peter.