THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CUSTOM RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Custom Built Rifles    Recknagel replacement Mauser '98 Trigger
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Recknagel replacement Mauser '98 Trigger
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Code4
posted
Well I had a slam-fire issues with the Sako trigger fitted to my 250-3000 project rifle and nothing seemed to fix it. Rather than spend more time on it I purchased a Recknagel replacement trigger via my gunsmith who lives two hours away. Cost in Australia is only slightly more than a Timney.

Instructions are in German and English, very easy to follow (a bonus for me) with excellent diagrams. Some wood had to be removed inside the trigger well and that was then sealed with stock oil.

The trigger comes ready to work straight after installation however it is fully adjustable and quality is of course excellent. There was some trigger creep and a 1/16th turn of the sear adjustment screw eliminated that. The shoe is thinner than a timney but still very practical.

All up a very easy and satisfying purchase.

Posts: 1432 | Location: Australia | Registered: 21 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Good to hear. I just bought 2 of them.

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5119 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Code4
posted Hide Post
I forgot to mention the adjustment screws for overtravel and weight of pull have lock screws and the sear engagement adjustment is spring loaded. More features to like.

Posts: 1432 | Location: Australia | Registered: 21 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Spring loaded sounds different. Can hardly wait to see them.

Posts: 5119 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
who sells them in the U. S.?

No matter where you go or what you do there you are! Yes tis true and tis pity but pity tis, tis true.

One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
NECG in New Hampshire