THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CUSTOM RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Custom Built Rifles    Dick Wright passed away this morning...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dick Wright passed away this morning...
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
My friend of 50 years Dick wright passed away this morning. I'm so heart broken. There were 3 of us (Dick, Bob Hieb and myself) that had a very special bond between us based upon a common interest in Custom rifles. We were called the three Amigo's and remained very close over the years. Bob passed away a year ago yesterday and Dick a few hours ago. He posted here and was so proud of his custom stocked CZ 22, his Ruger No. 1 in 222 and his little Miata. You may have seen some of his photo's.

I was fortunate enough to talk with him 2 days ago and am not sure what I want to say except but value your friends and cherish the good times together.

The last Amigo...

Edward Lundberg

Posts: 337 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 13 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Edward,

So sorry for your loss. I always enjoyed Dicks Photos and comments. It is so very difficult to lose friends, especially long term friends.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Always enjoyed his posts and comments.

RIP.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry to hear that, I remember the Miata posts. My condolences.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12556 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I found myself searching out his posts just today wondering about him and how he was for some reason. I admired his taste in rifles and always read his columns in PS magazine.

Shoot straight, shoot often.
Matt

Posts: 1171 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 19 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rest In Peace Dick Wright~~

ACGG Life Member, since 1985

Posts: 1791 | Registered: 07 February 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Very sorry to hear this.

Condolences to all his family and friends.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67076 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm very sorry to hear this! I was lucky to have known Dick from a distance for many years, as we were both Precision Shooting Columnists together. We didn't meet often, but when we did, it was like meeting a best friend after years apart... we agreed that if we lived closer together we would have had a great time and lots of adventures together.

Dick was a fine gentleman and I'm glad he pursued his love of fine cars and rifles to the end. His beloved wife, Glorya, had passed some time back, so I am hopeful they are together again. I'd mentioned that he needed to get a dog, and he told me he had... I believe his name was Spike? I hope someone will look after Spike and take good care of him.

I was just thinking about him recently and wondering how he was doing. I will miss his posts, his good nature and his wisdom.
We are truly diminished!

Sincerely,
John

Posts: 126 | Location: Right here, for now! | Registered: 03 November 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
John, you are right. Glorya passed late last spring and Dick did recently get Spike. Both the dog and his cat are being taken care of and are in good hands.

Edward Lundberg

Posts: 337 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 13 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
So sorry for your loss.

Hard to lose old long time friends.

Posts: 2591 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 26 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cougarz
posted Hide Post
Very sorry to here this. I always enjoyed his taste in rifles and life in general. He will certainly be missed here.

Roger

*we band of 45-70ers*

Posts: 2797 | Location: Washington (wetside) | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Man! I sure hate this. Dick and I have a friendship of many years. We shared and interest in BR, custom woodstock rifles, and cars.
I will miss his emails.
RIP Dick.

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dick and I never met face to face but did speak over the phone at times during his CZ Rimfire project. I followed his articles in PS from the beginning and always learned something from his efforts I hadn't considered.

I felt one of his best pieces was about the "Deer Stand" where he was somehome become involved as a consulting engineer. The owner of the property had assemble a 30-378 to cull deer at a distance, or that was the excuse. Then built a gun ported Chalet around the rifle. It looked nicer than some places I have lived in.

As I type this I can still imagine the smell of a rank cigar and the sound of mash being tipped into a plastic cup as they glassed the meadows hoping nothing would walk out to divert their immediate attention.

A man with style, God Speed Mr Wright

one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted Hide Post
D'Arcy, I want you to write my obituary!

Some time in the distant future

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is ineffective has either not tried one, or is unwittingly commenting on their own marksmanship
Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot
NRA Benefactor www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Posts: 4198 | Location: Bristol Bay | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hate that, he was a nice dude.

Posts: 1278 | Location: The Bluegrass State | Registered: 21 October 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I never realized he was the PS contributer/writer and the same person here. Enjoyed his articles from years past.
May his memory be eternal.

Posts: 1015 | Location: Brooksville, FL. | Registered: 01 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Was Dick also a longbowman, with a specific interest in Howard Hill longbows and vintage sewing machines?

Sorry for the loss of your friend.

Posts: 1077 | Location: NT, Australia | Registered: 10 February 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I felt like I "knew" Dick from his posts in Precision Shooting, lo these many years ago! I was glad to see him post on "Classic Cars" and followed his journey with the Miata! He seemed like a real gentleman to me.
RIP.
Peter

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10514 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear we lost Dick. He was a good guy.

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5124 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I met Dick here on AR, through Ed Lundberg. We talked a number of times, always good conversations about guns and reloading. He was very knowledgeable, especially on center fire .22 cartridges.
I considered him a friend and a real stand-up guy. He will be missed.

RIP, Dick.

Ed

Posts: 683 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 21 May 2009Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Memory eternal

I met Dick when he attended OGCA with Ken Markle. Bought and traded with him a few times, always a good story to be heard and enjoyed

We are diminished

Posts: 109 | Location: NE OH | Registered: 26 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I first met Dick at the Tulsa Gun Show, in the mid-1990's. We talked about his gadgets/tools(Whitetail),and PS articles.

A good guy.......RIP

Kevin

Posts: 409 | Location: The Republic Of Texas, USA | Registered: 28 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Met him at the Super Shoot, guess 20 years ago, almost. Showed him a picture of a mutual friend holding up a shoat he'd shot, and he said tell him I know a jack rabbit when I see one. Will sure miss his articles and wit. Sad..

Posts: 501 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 18 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rip!

I always enjoyed his posts, my most sincere condolences.

Posts: 41790 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of packrattusnongratus
posted Hide Post
I remember some articles on a Miata. Rest in peace Dick. I hope you and your wife are together again. Packy

posted Hide Post
I first net Dick and the Mrs.at the OGCA show in Cleveland. We became friends through our common love of good work, and fine rifles.

I continued to see him at the Super Shoot where we had pie and coffee together for years. He was a truly unique gentlemen of refined taste (they agreed with mine.)

We both thought a lot of the 358, and I enjoyed sharing mine with Dick. I didn't know that Glorya had passed. I hope she took the knife I made and gave her with her. The two of them will think of me and see me when the look at it together. It was always a pleasure to think of them as friends when I saw them.

Lynn M. Collins
Elyria, Ohio

Posts: 48 | Location: Elyria, Ohio USofA | Registered: 14 November 2003Reply With Quote
One Of Us
Picture of KWard
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear this, enjoyed his writings, condolences to his family

Posts: 319 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 31 January 2004Reply With Quote