THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CUSTOM RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Custom Built Rifles    Who makes rings for the European claw type.....
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who makes rings for the European claw type.....
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
mounts for modern scopes?

"DRSS"

Posts: 74 | Location: FL | Registered: 21 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
EAW and Recknagel in Germany!

Posts: 561 | Location: northern Germany | Registered: 26 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you Sir.

"DRSS"

Posts: 74 | Location: FL | Registered: 21 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
NECG (New England Custom Guns)is the USA distributer.
Don

Posts: 1084 | Location: Detroit MI | Registered: 28 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Champlin Firearms
Enid, Ok

One of Us
posted Hide Post
There was a smith in Nevada (I think) named Lee LaRue who was expert with claw mounts. He used to advertise in Shotgun News.

Posts: 3073 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: 11 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LJS:
There was a smith in Nevada (I think) named Lee LaRue who was expert with claw mounts. He used to advertise in Shotgun News.

That's Lee Le Bas...he's now with a European firm working out of San Antonio. He was the main source of AKAH claw mounts..just about the finest, but alas, they are now selling shooting coats and dog whistles

Posts: 2221 | Location: Tacoma, WA | Registered: 31 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
How about Duane Wiebe

Posts: 603 | Location: Louisiana USA | Registered: 24 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I love a claw mount scope, but if you're going to put on a modern scope on a gun with claw mount bases, you should consider EAWs conversion of claw bases to their swing mount system. They mill down the rear base and put on a "prism" and glue on a new swing mount socket to the front claw base. Their swing mount fits right in place and a modern scope can be used. The installation time is a couple of hours and the mount parts cost about $350. Here is a link: http://www.eaw.de/eaw/webkatalog/EAW%20SEM-SM%20E.pdf

By the way, AKAH still has many mount parts left in stock. I have a dealer account with them and I buy parts from them fairly regularly. They can also buy from EAW and Recknagel so I have them buy my parts and they send everything to me airmail. AKAH does still sell hunting clothing and dog leashes, but their catalog has quite a bit more including guns. I buy insert barrels through them for firing rifle cartridges through shotgun barrels. I have to do a Form 6 on each gun and insert barrel but it is no problem to do it. This is the only method I have been able to find to import insert barrels.

Quick, Cheap, or Good: Pick Two

Posts: 2141 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jawheeler:
How about Duane Wiebe

Perhaps Mr. Wiebe imports the parts from EAW?
Ist this rifle a BRNO?

Posts: 561 | Location: northern Germany | Registered: 26 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Monastery-Forester:

Ist this rifle a BRNO?

Must be an Oberndorf DSB in 8x57S, with its original claw mount front base changed for a postwar scope.
tu2

Posts: 230 | Location: Germany | Registered: 02 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by heavenknows:
quote:
Originally posted by Monastery-Forester:

Ist this rifle a BRNO?

Must be an Oberndorf DSB in 8x57S, with its original claw mount front base changed for a postwar scope.
tu2

That would be correct.

Posts: 603 | Location: Louisiana USA | Registered: 24 August 2007Reply With Quote