THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CUSTOM RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Custom Built Rifles    Not really custom built but customized!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Not really custom built but customized!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of D99
posted
I just got my 2 heavy barreled Remington M700 rifles back from the Cerakote guy.

Posts: 4729 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
Anyone tried it, here's mine. I just got them done and picked them up on the 16th, they look great.

I painted the stocks different colors than what is represented here. The Brown one has a Giraffe pattern stock on it, and the green one has a Zebra pattern stock. Both in military colors: OD Green, MILSPEC Green, Federal Brown, and Coyote Brown.

Posts: 4729 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks good to me! I've never fooled with Cerakote, heard of it that's about it. Do you bake it or are there any speacial preparations that need to be made, other that a good degreasing?
I decided to camo my 835 a few years back, just to hide alittle better from the turkeys. A buddy of mine wanted to do his, so I strung em up and started painting. Krylon ofcorse redneck approved coast to coast! topped it off with automotive clear, later dulled it a tad with steel wool. I'll post pics if'n I can figure it out!

Posts: 117 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: 30 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
unfinished pic!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Krylon covered turkey killers!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Another unfinished pic.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is that 700 action Pink?

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think pink is now called "desert sand" LMAO.

DRSS
Kreighoff 470 NE
Valmet 412 30/06 & 9.3x74R

Posts: 1048 | Location: Denver | Registered: 31 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
One is "federal brown" with Mil-spec green highlights, (looks like poop brown, not really happy with the color it came out.

The other is Olive drab, with coyote highlights. This one I didn't love, until I walked out side and saw what it looked like in the sun.

Both photos are not perfect, as I took them inside at dusk, one with a flash and one without. Someday I'll take some more photos of them.

one of us
posted Hide Post
D99, please don't take this wrong, but I have to ask. What is that "hole' in the stock behind the safety. I see it on both rifles. Is it just the lighting or did the stock have to be cut away for the safety?
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
Bad angle Peter, it's not as "grand canyon" as it looks.

One of Us
Picture of Brando
posted Hide Post
In the very first picture, did that rifle start out life as a Sendero?

Posts: 468 | Location: Goldsboro, NC. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
The top one is a Sendaro in 25-06, the other one is a Police Rifle in 300 Winchester.

The 25-06 is a .25 inch shooter.

The 300 Winchester is a half inch gun.

Nothing like Remingtons.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've got the M 700 Police, Leupold Mark 4, 50mm Mil Dot, Jewell trigger, 26" bbl. .308 Win. It's a 0.5 MOA "with proper ammo."

Nice rifle. So where'd you get the bolt knobs?