New
Find
Notify
Tools

A 458 Lott on aVZ24
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Finished this one up the other day for a fellow AR member.

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Cusom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5503 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice! Jim, what bolt handle is that?

Posts: 20090 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very well done. Congratulations in order for the quality of your work and the new owner.

Posts: 1015 | Location: Brooksville, FL. | Registered: 01 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the good work Jim! Dennis Olson did the metal work and Kobe the rust Blue. This was a barreled action that I bought off this forum from Ozhunter. He was kind enough to donate the funds to Stu Taylor. Stu was a PH in Mozambique that was accidentally shot in the shoulder by a client with a 458 Lott.

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That one will make your mouth water !

.470 & 9.3X74R Chapuis'
Tikka O/U 9.3X74R
Searcy Classics 450/.400 3" & .577
C&H .375 2 1/2"
Krieghoff .500 NE
Member Dallas Safari Club

Posts: 1584 | Location: Eleanor, West Virginia (USA) | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nice rifle Jim

Michael J

Posts: 485 | Location: Lakewood Colorado | Registered: 17 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on a job well done Jim. excellent work all the way around.

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8346 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Nice looking rifle. Love the peep.

Mike

Posts: 21242 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Very nice work as always.

The hunting imperative was part of every man's soul; some denied or suppressed it, others diverted it into less blatantly violent avenues of expression, wielding clubs on the golf course or racquets on the court, substituting a little white ball for the prey of flesh and blood.
Wilbur Smith

Posts: 916 | Location: L.H. side of downunder | Registered: 07 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Looks to be a solid working rifle! Well done to the builder and the buyer!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7532 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
so how does it shoot?? you know every good gunsmith worth his salt goes out and fires at least 100 rds through a rifle like that, just to make sure it's broken in Big Grin Whistling faint

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You are so correct, Butchloc!

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Evan K.
posted Hide Post
Gorgeous! I won't forget seeing that stock in the checkering cradle.

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."

Posts: 775 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 05 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like the super clean metal work and finish of the receiver.

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice rust blue Jim.

Shane

Posts: 125 | Location: Soda Springs, ID 83276 | Registered: 25 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is a really nice result

There is a lot of elegent simplicity in that rifle.

Kudos to Ozhunter for donating the barreled action.

Congratulations, Chris

DRSS

Posts: 1910 | Location: Australia | Registered: 25 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Beautiful rifle!!!

PA Bear Hunter, NRA Benefactor

Posts: 1597 | Location: Potter County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 22 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Very nice Jim. I like the bolt handle, its very close to a win. 54 bolt handle and ideal for iron sighted guns as the Lott should be in my opine. I also love the peep sight, its perfect for that gun..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41892 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote